Chapter 7- Crazy Idea

(Logan's P.O.V)

I woke up on the floor next to the table. James was sleeping on one sofa, and Carlos was sitting on the other sofa, with Kristen asleep on his shoulder. How could I put this? Last night was awesome! We basically partyed all night. Blowed the speakers out playing music, watch movies, and even had a karoke sescion! I guess we all knocked out without noticing. I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.

"Holy crap it 2 in the afternoon!" Everyone woke up the minute I screamed that out. I heard a thud and turned to see James on the floor.

"What the hell dude!" He said while rubbing his eyes trying to open them. Kristen lifted her head from Carlos shoulder and stood up.

"Its 2!? Wow we overslept a little too much don't you think?" She laughed a little and we all laughed along.

"But guys I need to get going, my parents are probably home wondering where I am!" I might be down the street from my house, but my mom worries about me, a lot.

"Al right, see ya Logan" "bye" "see ya later" They all waved to me and I waved back, and headed out the door. I got on my skateboard and headed back home.

(Kristen's P.O.V)

"And then there was 3." James looked at me and Carlos and gave me a small wink. I rolled my eyes at him and just nodded my head while smiling.

It felt kind of awkward since I just met Carlos and James, yet I slept over at Carlos' house. I've never made friends this fast. But they're so sweet, and I don't regret meeting them at all.

"Oh yeah Carlos, I got a small gig for tonight at the Grove remember? I'm supposed to be there by 5, and its almost 3, so I better start getting ready." James said while starting to walk to the door.

"Yeah that's cool, knock 'em dead!" Carlos waved to James, and he waved back while opening the door.

"See ya Kristen, hope we hang out sometime!"

"Trust me we will! Bye!" He walked out and closed the door behind him. Carlos turned to me with a kind grin.

"So what do you want to do?"

"Well first I want to find out where James is going. A gig? At the grove? I go there all the time and I've never seen him."

"Oh! You know how were into music and stuff?" I nodded. "Well every Sunday, the grove has these little concerts with random people."

"I love those! They find pretty good singers! Wait, is James performing today?!" it excited me to see a friend on stage singing. I love music, but I've never been good at it. Supporting a friend who IS good at it is close enough for me.

"Yep! Maybe we should check it out!" There's no doubt Carlos is a sweet guy. When he supported me last night, and helped me out by letting me stay here, I knew he was an amazing person. His eyes have that sparkle I love about people.

"Of course we are! I wouldn't miss this for anything!" I jumped up and down excitedly.

"Ok ok calm down! How bout I go and shower and get dressed, and we can go somewhere and hang out?"

"Yeah! But-"

"But what?" His smile slowly faded.

"I'm all sweaty and gross! And all of my clothes are at my house." I looked at the ground. I really didn't want to go back. At all. But eventually, I would have to. Carlos walked up to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Look, I'll take you to your house, you can sneak in somehow and get some clothes and we'll come right back!" His smile lit up again, I smiled back shyly.

"No Carlos, what if my dad is there? I don't want him to see either of us. Especially you. I don't want anyone getting hurt by him."

"Don't worry about me, I've got your back." With that he grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the door. He opened it and let us to his car parked in the driveway.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked hesitantly.

"Posotive." He opened the passenger seat and allowed me to get in. I got in and he closed the door back. I felt my heart racing in my chest, beating faster by the second. I have a bad feeling about this.

Carlos sat in the drivers seat as I told him what direction to go on our way to my house. When we were a block away I told him to pull over.

"Look, this is where I get off ok? You stay here and I'll be back in a minute." I gave him a confident smile.

"I've still got your back." With that I opened the door and ran to my house keeping guard on everything around me. I guess I'm a little too paranoid. I made my way to my driveway. Dad's car isn't here, which means he's not home. I sighed in relief and reached in my bag for my keys and opened the door. I ran as fast as could to my room grabbing a backpack from my closet and shoved random clothes in it. After about 5 minutes I zipped up the backpack and started making my way back downstairs, when I heard the front door open and slam back. I heard footsteps coming down the hall and up the stairs. My breathing got faster. And I couldn't make a run for it now.