Chapter 23- Bad News, Good News?

The show went on for about an hour and a half. Now, I dont mean to brag but, Carlos and Kendall were probably one of the best performers I saw. Carlos put hardcore emotions into his song. And Kendall just has the thing that makes you want to watch him strum his guitar for the next 10 years. They were currently backstage putting stuff away and cleaning up and stuff. James and I were waiting for them outside by the door. I looked over my shoulder and saw Kendall and Carlos walking side by side in our direction. Their faces brightened when they saw us there. They were about to reach the door when a guy in a dark suit tapped Kendall on the shoulder and pulled him away. Immediately, Carlos eyes slowly lost their spark, as if he knew what was going on. He pushed the glass door opened and stepped to us. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Carlos you were amazing!" I said excitedly.

"Yeah I guess. But it wasnt good enough."

"Dude you were great." James fist pumped him.

At that moment Kendall walked out the door. His face was beaming with happiness.

"I got it." He said.

Carlos looked down again. I felt torn. Was I supposed to celebrate with Kendall? Or let Carlos cry on my shoulder. Whatever it was I had to do it fast because Carlos had already started walking down the stairs and towards the shore. I quickly gave Kendall a hug.

"I'll be right back." I whispered to him. He nodded understandingly and I ran after Carlos.

"Carlos!" I called out his name. He turned back and stopped walking. "Carlos, I'm...sorry you didnt get a deal. But oppertunities come and go. This is just one of many! Youre amazing. Your time will come."

We were standing on the tip of the shore, if I had taken one more step my feet would touch the cold water. Carlos sat on the sand and brought his knees up to his chest. I did the same right next to him. It was quiet for a moment, until he finally spoke and broke the silence.

"Do you really think I'm amazing?"

"Of course I do. Youre sweet, funny, youre not afraid to show people who you are, you fight for those you care about, and your voice is out of this world!" A smile spread on my face as I heard him let out a small chuckle.

"Thanks. And you know what? Youre right. I have to keep trying. I'm not gonna give up. Not yet."

"Not yet, not never. Ok? I believe in you."

His face brightened up again. Thats the Carlos I knew.

"So, it's only been about a week since I met you, but I.. umm.."

"You what?"

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to...you know, go out with me?"

He mumbled the last part. But I heard it clear as day. My heart skipped a beat. What do I say? What about Kendall?

"Yes." Did I just...?

Immediately he leaned over, but get this, he kissed my forhead. I felt the butterflies in my stomach. This sensation to get up and run, but I was frozen. It was a moment I wanted to stop yet let it continue. It felt so wrong, yet right.

Carlos reached and grabbed my hand as we starred openly into the ocean.

"Im going to visit my parents in Florida this week. You wanna come?"

"You want to take me to Florida?"

"Why not?"

I'd never been anywhere out of LA. It sounded like fun. I nodded. I guess I'm going to Florida.

After a couple of minutes, we got up and made our way back to Kendall and James. Oh my gosh, what were they gonna say? What was Kendall going to do? The butterflies were back. And this time, I dont think they were the good kind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Well I said I wasnt gonna abandon this story, so heres a new chapter! I got home from soccer a while ago so I had enought time to upload! Hope you enjoy! It will be ended soon! And please check out the sneak peek to my new story "Flower in the Flame" which will be coming sometime in October! Love you guys! :)