Chapter 23

Patrick's POV:

I got s call from Allie saying her water broke and I told Q I was throwing up and didn't want to play. So I got on a plane, which I way over paid for the ticket but it didn't matter so I could be there for the birth of baby Kane.

When I reached Allie's room, I opened the door and was told I needed to leave. Luckily, Allie said I could stay and a few minutes later our beautiful baby girl was born. Allie almost broke my hand from squeezing it so tight, but that didn't matter. When I saw Allison Marie hold our little baby, I couldn't have been happier. Then Allison said the name we had both loved and agreed on, "Lauren Allison Kane"

Allie had tears dripping down her face and my eyes started to tear up but I blinked them away as my girlfriend passed me our baby. I held my daughter and said, "Hi Lauren. I'm your daddy and that's your mommy. You have the greatest mom if the world."

Allie then added, "And the greatest daddy."

Allie's POV:

I told the nurses if Hanna came please give us a warning because Patrick couldn't be here.

"Wait, who's going to be the godparents?"

"Tazer for sure but he can't know this baby is mine." Patrick said

"Tazer and my sister." I said

"I agree on that." Patrick said

Lauren was taken to get weighed and all that, which left me and Patrick alone.

He kissed my head and said, "I love you."

"I love you too."

A few hours later my family arrived and Lauren was passed around. My family adored her, and my sister was thrilled to be her god mother.

"So I thought you weren't going to be here?" My sister asked Patrick

"There was no way I was going to miss this." He said grabbing my hand

Two hours later the Kane family showed up. They all held Lauren and congratulated me and Patrick.

"Ms. Hastings, Hanna is here requesting to visit." The nurse said

"Tell her visiting hour are over and she can come over when I get out of the hospital."

"Okay."

That night our families went and stayed in a hotel. Patrick slept in the chair next to my bed and I woke up six times with Lauren.

The next morning I was released from the hospital and Patrick took us back to his condo.

"I can't wait to get the hell out of this place."

"I can't either." I said as we walked inside and I was holding Lauren. She was born 6 pounds 8 ounces, she was so adorable and that day our families came back over and took care of Lauren and I took a nap. Three hours later I got up and went back out to sit on the couch with Donna.

She hugged me and said, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks." I said smiling

"I know it's not easy to give birth, trust me I've done it four times. Now adding on to that having to keep it a secret from everyone, and having to deal with my sons crazy hockey schedule. You are amazing and Lauren is so lucky to have you as a mom."

"Thank you and she's lucky to have you as a grandma." I said which made Donna smile and hug me.

"Promise me if something ever were to tear you and Patrick apart, you'd still keep in touch with us and let us see Lauren once in a while "

"I promise." I said

Three weeks flew by and our families went home. I was back on the ice with the Blackhawks who had made the playoffs. Our last regular season game was tonight and Q wanted me to play, of course I did everything I could to workout that was safe for the baby but I was not in my normal hockey shape. My stomach was back to being flat. This postpartum belly was killing me. I missed my abs.

I was so nervous for my comeback. It was a home game, my last regular season home game. After this year I was done so I could be home with Lauren. I put a dress on and Jackie came over to watch Allie. She was living at my old place until the season was over.

I drove to the UC and did my pre-game routine that was still so familiar. Before I knew it, the starting line up was called and I out there for the national anthem, I was shaking. Keith noticed and put his arm around me, I put my arm around Tazer, and it continued down the line. All my brothers were here for me and supported me. After the fans cheered loud and the puck dropped. My first shift out I got checked by some new fighter on the Devils. Who said, "Watch your back, mommy."

He was making fun of me for having a baby. The game went on and I scored the first goal, which ended up being the winning goal.

The media filed into the locker room and they all gathered around me.

"So how was your first game back?"

"It was great." I replied

"Do you think your daughter is proud of you?"

"My daughter only a few weeks old."

"Who's her dad?"

I replied, "I'm here for a hockey interview not a personal interview."

"Well can we expect to see some pictures of your daughter?"

"As of right now, I'd rather she not be in the media mess."

"Thanks Hastings." They said leaving and I smiled and turned around to finish getting undressed. I showered in my personal shower and then put my dress back on. I drove home and went to bed as Jackie ready had her in bed.

A.N.

So bad news... I'm starting to get writers block. Please comment ideas!! I promise to update in the next few days!!