Chapter 93

Allie's POV:

Two weeks had passed and I Patrick was still in a weird mood. Today I was starring at a positive pregnancy test.

I drove to the United Center for practice and went to Patrick and said, "Mission complete."

He didn't get what I just said. He looked at me like he had no idea. I stood in front of the team and said, "Hey, so you're going to head this eventually but it needs to be kept a secret. I'm four weeks pregnant."

The team cheered and Tazer said, "Congratulations on baby Matthews number one."

I locked my eyes with Patrick's and he stood up and said, "Actually... It's baby Kane number four."

Patrick got a small smile across his face and then left to get on the ice. I also left and went home. I had already confirmed the pregnancy with the doctor. I texted Patrick.

Me: hey. Can you come over after practice? We need to talk.

An hour later he responded.
Patrick: yeah, I'm already on my way

When Patrick walked in I hugged him and so did the kids. Anne was taking the kids to Lauren's hockey practice so Patrick and I could talk.

"So.. I'm pregnant." I said

"I know.." He said taking a deep breath

"Why aren't you happy about this??" I asked mad

"Because we aren't together Als. We're both getting married to other people."

"Patrick..." I said crying

"What?" He asked

"I'm going to spill my guts out to you... Once.. You are the absolute love of my life. You're the only man I want to love and have my babies. You're my reason for breathing. I don't love Auston, he's just someone I have because I can't have you. You are my husband. I love you, my Patrick Timothy Kane. Forever and always." I said crying

"Wow... Uhh.. Okay.. Thanks." He said

"Thanks?!" I asked

"I mean yeah..." He said

"You're such an ass! Just get out.." I said through tears

I called Donna and told her everything. I finished the phone call with, "I love him so much. But I guess I'm going to have to settle for Auston. Patrick keeps making me fall for him over and over.. More and more each time. Every time I think this is finally it, I have my husband back, he says it was just a slip and meant nothing. We've had way too many slips. It's unhealthy."

Donna and I talked some more and Anne brought the kids home. She was really happy today.

"Why are you so damn smiley?" I asked

"Well... Baby Towes is on the way!" She said smiling

I screamed and hugged her.

"When is your due date?" I asked

"December 16th."

"Holy shit! I'm dune on December 14th!"

We screamed and cried together. I really hope our babies are born on the same day.

I spent the rest of the day with my kids.

Four months passed and I told the kids that I was having another baby, alone. Patrick and I haven't talked since I told him how I really felt. Auston still didn't know about the baby. I told him I was too busy to play.

I was at the United Center early with the kids to watch the Hawks practice. Anne took them and I made my way to the locker room once practice was over. I walked over to Patrick and said, "Not that you care but I have a gender reveal all set up. Right now."