Chapter 62

Allie's POV:

We had been home a week with Lucas. He was a whole week old already. More people came over to meet him and my family left and Donna, Pat sr, Jess, and Jackie drove here to meet Lucas.

They were staying for the weekend and they were a huge help. Patrick and I got caught up on sleep and Donna did all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, diaper changing, feeding, getting up in the middle of the night. Of course with the help of Jess and Jackie and her husband.

They left and Patrick had a road trip for a week.

"Are you sure? I can stay. I don't need to go." He said

"Yes you so, we will be fine. I love you now go." I said kissing him

"Okay." He said as he kneeled down to say goodbye to Lauren and then to our son in my arms. And last to me.

"If you need me, call and I will be on the first plane home." He said

"We will be okay. I love you." I said kissing him again

"I love you too." He said kissing me and leaving

Patrick was heading to Boston for his first game. I wished I was going with the team to play but I was a mom of two. And that made me smile, I put Lucas down for a nap and Lauren and I played with her kitchen. Until I got as text from Anne asking if she could come over. In about ten minutes she walked through my front door.

"What's up?" I asked

"Well Jonathan was leaving and you know I worry about the road and girls. And he gave me this ring. He said I know this is so high school and cheesy but I love you Anne and I promise to stay faithful to you for the rest of my life."

I freaked out and said, "That's actually adorable!"

"I know." She said

We hung out and talked about random things. She left and Lucas got up from his nap.

The next day at 5pm the game started. Lauren was cuddled up to me on the couch and I was holding Lucas.

They announced the starting line up and Patrick was called.

"That's your daddy." I said to Lucas who was awake but obviously had no clue what was going on.

Patrick's week long road trip ended and before I knew it he was home again.

Another week and a half went by and it was now Christmas. We were leaving and driving to Buffalo. It was going to be long and difficult with a baby who wasn't even a month old yet, but we needed to do it. Family is everything.

We were stopping and staying at a hotel for one night. Once we finally got there Erica was the one I first went to. We were both holding our babies and we switched.

"She adorable!" I said

"And he looks like Patty." Erica said

After an hour of being there we went to our house in Buffalo and I fed Lucas while Patrick unpacked.

"We have a situation." He said

"Shit.. We never got the baby room ready."

"No, everything with the baby room is fine."

"What's the situation then?" I asked

"Lauren's room is mess. So I'm going to fix it quick."

An hour later he had everything fine and we put the kids to bed.