Chapter 102

Allie's POV:

We arrived in Boston and we checked into our hotel. Patrick and I slept for three hours but I woke up and went to Q's room.

He invited me in and I said, "Please don't punish Patrick more than the league did. He would never do what he did to Auston if he wasn't protecting a teammate. He was protecting me as a teammate. I know Patrick and I have a very complicated and hard relationship that most people don't understand, but please just trust me. He's acting all different and is scarred of what else you're going to do. I'm not here as his wife, I'm here as his teammate."

"Thank you Als. And between us I'm glad he gave that bastard what he deserves. The team to me represents my sons. However, you are my daughter who has twenty plus older brothers and her old man to protect her. Personal reason or not I'm glad on of my boys was there."

"Thanks Q." I said smiling going to leave his room

"Anytime, now go tell Kaner."

I left and went back to our hotel room and told Patrick. He kissed me and said, "Thank you."

I didn't want to leave. I missed road trips with the team. But I flew back home to Chicago.

My moms left and I was home alone with my kids.

"Mom, grandma was saying daddy got hurt?" Lauren asked

"Your daddy got into a fight during the game. He is okay the league just won't let him play." I explained

"Who did he fight?"

"Auston Matthews." I said not wanting to lie to my baby

"Did daddy win?" She asked

"Yes, I would say so." I said

"I'm glad because I love daddy and hate Auston."

"Me too!" I smiled at my very smart daughter

A few months went by and the playoffs were starting. It was game seven against the Predators and we lost in overtime. Patrick kicked the puck in..

He was really beating himself up over it. I don't blame him but the while team gave him the it's a team effort speech.

He sat in the front of the bus to the airport which was twenty minutes away. I texted him:

Me: MY Patrick Timothy Kane, you played a hell of a season and a hell of a game. It was such luck. It isn't your fault. I could have scored on that breakaway, Duncs could have scored when he hit the crossbar. There are so many what it's. But what I'll never question is how good of a hockey player you are or how much I love you. I love you and our kids. And I'm saying this because it's perfect timing.. It's the perfect timing to have another baby.. Will you have another beautiful baby with me?

Patrick❤️: thanks Als, this is why I love you. I would be honored to have another baby with you. The second we get home baby making begins.

Me: can I come sit by you?

Patrick❤️: of course baby

I moved to sit by him and I kissed him.

We got on the plane and flew back to Chiago. Our family stayed back in Chicago.

Once it landed we went to the locker room and packed everything up. Patrick and I brought our hockey bags and sticks out to my white BMW. We went back in and cleared out all our personal stuff. We had said bags of clothes, towels, and all that random stuff at the UC.

Patrick and I went back in one more time and we were one of the last few people there. We walked out to the ice and stood at center ice and he kissed me.

"Great season baby." He said hugging me tight and kissing my forehead

"Thanks you too." I said kissing him

"Ready to home?" He asked

"Yeah, let's go." I said

We walked off the ice with his arm around me.

We stopped at the bench and Patrick grabbed my 88 Kane blanket. We wrapped up in it and sat on the bench.

"So are you serious about having another baby?" Patrick asked

"Yes, if you are." I said nervous

"Of course.." He said kissing my head

"It's crazy.. Eight years ago we hated each other. Three kids later we've been separated and re-married and planning another baby." I said laughing

"You wanna know a secret?" He asked

"Yeah.." I said

"I've loved you forever. Now back in the day when you first made it to the NHL I loved you in the old me way. The holy shit she's fucking hot and I want to fuck her way. But when you came to Chicago I really started to fall for your personality, the way you could make everyone laugh, the way your eyes lit up on the ice, the way you acted with fans. I fell in love and that scared me because I've never loved anyone like this before. So I acted like a dick to try to stop the feelings. Over time I've learned how to act but loving you still scares me..." Patrick said

He paused and continued, "That's what caused me to not fix everything right away with Kate.. I love you so much that it scares me.."

I looked at him and said, "Patrick, loving you scares me too. A lot. But what scares me even more is not having you to love"

He kissed me and said, "I love you Allison Marie Kane."

"I love you too my Patrick Timothy Kane."

We kissed and we left the United Center. It was now around 1am and he drove home. We left everything in the car and went right to our bedroom.

We had sex in hopes of getting pregnant with baby number four.