Chapter 40

Allie's POV:

Patrick's face said it all. I was pregnant.

"You're.." He said and I replied

"I know.." Walking away

I went into the basement and grabbed a scrap book that the Kane sisters made for me. I sat on the couch wrapped in a blanket. The first picture was a picture of the positive test. Then a few maternity pictures Patrick and I had taken by his sisters. Then there was a week to week picture of me two per page and they said how I felt, what foods I was craving and something about the baby either the size, kicking or something like that.

I put my hands on my firm, flat, muscular stomach and knew it would be gone soon.

"Patrick!" I yelled quietly

He came down and sat next to me and I said, "I'm going to get fat again."

"You were never fat, you were pregnant. And why are going to get fat now?"

"Because I am physically growing a human right now."

"Als,you know the test was negative.. Right?"

"What?!" I asked

"Yeah.. You said you know."

"Yeah because you looked disappointed and a little shocked so I assumed I was pregnant."

"Yeah, because honestly I would have liked to have another baby."

"I must sound so dumb right now. So I'm not pregnant?"

"No." He said pulling me into a hug

"You know as much as I hated the feelings of being pregnant, I loved knowing I was carrying our daughter and I loved my baby belly knowing our baby girl was in there. I just knew she was safe there now there's so much more to worry about especially when she's older like school, dating, driving, sex.." I said and Patrick cut me off

"First of all she can't date until she's 30 and she can't have sex until she's like 100."

"What if she follows in our footsteps and hooks up with the "bad boy" on the team, keeps their love a secret and gets pregnant?"

"She'll be dead."

"If she's at least 20 I'm fine with it."

"You are such a girl. Ahhh my little girl is all grown up." He said talking like a girl

"Shut up. I would hate to be her boyfriend knowing who her dad is."

Patrick flexed and his arms are so muscular and he said, "Oh you like this?"

"Maybe." I said

"How do you like this?" He asked picking me up by my butt and held me and we kissed.

"Ehhh. I think Tazer could do it better." I said joking

"I see how it is." He said dropping me on the couch and the bent down and we kissed again.

"Wanna stick handle?" He asked

"Sure." I said and we went to our basement and down another level to where we did all our hockey stuff. I brought the baby monitor down with us and we shot a few pucks and then stick handled. Patrick made me look like 6 year old learning to stick handle.

I loved the little moments like these. About an hour later Lauren woke up and we both went to get her up from her nap. Patrick changed her and I made salads for us.

I fed Lauren some baby food, I think it was carrots or squash. She hates anything green right now, just like her dad.

Tomorrow Jonny and his family were coming to visit and his parents wanted to meet me and Lauren. I was extremely nervous but excited.

That night laying in bed with Patrick we were talking about the future.

"So you do want more kids?" I asked Patrick

"Of course... How many kids do you want?"

"At least two more." I said

Our conversation was interrupted by my phone going off like crazy. I grabbed it and I saw on twitter the NHL was running a poll. It said, "Do you want Allison Hastings back in the NHL?"

The options were yes and no. I wanted to know what was winning but I didn't want to vote for myself. So I grabbed Patrick's phone and went to the poll and before he realized what I was doing I had clicked yes.

"Allison, why the hell did you..." He saw what I did

"Yes has 83% and no had 7%. Patrick... Do you think?" I asked

"I hope so.. But they are probably just doing this to make you regret everything with me..." Patrick said

"You know I don't and I would do it all over again."

"All of it?"

"Every single thing..." I said looking into Patrick's eyes

"Even being handcuffed to me?"

"Of course. That meant I would sit on your lap and sleep with you by force and nobody suspected a thing."

"What about the time Q knew you weren't in your room and we almost got caught?"

"Of course. That's hot almost getting caught having sex with someone it's forbidden with." I smirked and ended up laughing

"So I have a serious question for you... We're getting married for sure now September 10th.. We have to sign marriage papers.. What are we doing about your last name?"

"Well.. I don't know. I think I'm going to haifinate it.. And just have Hastings be there and use Kane for everything else."

"So Allison Marie Kane.."

"Holy shit we're getting married in like a month and a half and I don't have a dress.."

"Like I said before I'm all for you wearing my jersey as a dress."

"Can I wear Toews?" I asked

"If you want me to walk past you down the aisle and go marry Hanna then sure."

"Shut up. We both know you would take the jersey off me and burn it." I said

"No because then everyone would see your perfect body."

"Do you remember.." I said and Patrick cut me off and said, "When we had that tea interview thing and Sharpie thought it would be funny to unzip your crop top thing and he pulled it right off and he snapped the hook thing in your strapless bra and before anyone could see anything you pulled me in front of you and we walked back to the locker room with cameras everywhere and millions of people with your boobs against my back. How could I forget?"

"The only reason you remembered is because it had to do with boobs." I said laughing

"Possibly.. But we weren't even dating yet. Believe me I was tempted to move and let everyone else see."

I lightly hit his chest and said, "You would have been dead."

"But somehow after everything we are laying here together in bed, and we are going to get married and we have a little girl."

"We did a great job keeping our relationship a secret." I said kissing Patrick goodnight