Chapter 55

Allie's POV:

New Years passed, and so did all of January and Lauren was now officially one. I couldn't believe my baby girl was already a whole year old. We celebrated with family, a few close friends and of course the team.

I have been practicing with the team just for fun and working out. Today was April 29th and the first round of the playoffs were going on. Tonight the Blackhawks played Dallas. I was wearing my Kane jersey and carrying Lauren who was in a Kane jersey.

The media surrounded me and I got away from them by going down to the locker room.

I stayed down there until the game started and then I found my way to our seats. We were front row.

"Your daddy just scored." I said as we stood up and the Chelsea Dagger blared. Patrick's pointed right at us and came to glass as the whole team piled in. The first game was won.

I took a picture of the boys celebrating and I posted it on Instagram and tweeted it. I captioned it, "So weird being on the other side could couldn't be prouder! Long way to go but way to kiss ass tonight boys! #GoHawks"

We went home and Patrick arrived home an hour after.

"I'm so proud of you." I said kissing him

"Thank you, but we really missed you out there."

"I missed being out there." I said

I kissed my husband again and then we went to bed.

Sadly, game seven didn't go in our favor and Dallas moved on. So today was the day we moved to Buffalo for the summer.

We were driving one car there and it was packed super full. We got there and unpacked and got situated. Little did Patrick know I was offered a deal to get bad in the NHL.

Summer was flying by and I had to tell the coach my answer but I haven't even told Patrick yet. It was now or never.

"Hey, we need to talk." I said sitting down on the couch next to him after Lauren was asleep

"About what?" He asked

"Hockey.." I said

"Again?" He asked

"Tampa wants me for a year. 4.8 million for one year." I said

Patrick just sat there.

"So?" I asked Patrick

"You're not going to take the deal are you?" He asked not wanting me to. This was so hard.

Tears came.

"Patrick.." I said

"You want this." He said

"I do. I know we've had this conversation a million times and it never gets any easier. I love you and Lauren so much more than anything in the world, but a fraction of me still is in love with hockey. Our daughter is only a year old and I know I for sure want to add to our family in the future, but I can't stand the thought of being away from you and Lauren. But I can't stand the thought of never playing hockey again, especially in the NHL."

"Well then, Allison Marie. We're still young. We have plenty of time to add to our family, you only get one shot to play in the NHL. After everything you have done, and been through it's amazing how much you've fought back and now teams are fighting for you. So I know this is your dream, so go live it. We can figure it out." Patrick said

"Really?" I asked

"Of course. Hanna is in Chicago to help with Lauren and I know Jess or Jackie would love to come to stay and help you."