Chapter 72

Allie's POV:

I woke and realized my nightmare was a reality. I got up and got the kids breakfast. Today we were all driving to Buffalo for Christmas. It was December 23rd.

It was the worst timing for all of this.

We took the suburban and Patrick started driving. It was only about seven hours there.

It was so awkward. I looked at him and looked away.

The ride seemed like days. I drove for a few hours and right before we hit Buffalo he drove.

We unpacked a few things and got things situated. We decided to stay home tonight since it was late. My family was at the Kane house.

I was laying in bed and Patrick was on the couch.

The next morning we woke up and packed our bags to spend the night at the Kane's house. It was a tradition.

We arrived after lunch and we went to our annual Christmas church service and home. We then got home and had our Christmas Eve dinner, which was amazing.

I went to take a shower to get all the make-up and hair spray off. When I was in the shower Patrick came in and said, "I know I screwed up, bad.. But can we please tell them another time and not ruin Christmas?"

I was hesitant... But eventually nodded yes.

"Thank you. I know I don't deserve this." He said leaving

I got out of the shower and got into the matching Christmas pj's  everyone  was wearing.

Soon it was bed time. Everyone went to their room. With their families. Patrick and I had a porta crib for Tyler, and an air mattress for Lauren and Lucas.

We laid in bed together and Patrick asked, "Do you want me to sleep on the air mattress?"

"No.." I said cuddling up to him

"Als, please forgive me."

"I'm sorry.. I can't.. Let's just forget it about until the 26th. Then we're going to seriously talk about it and our plans. But it's Christmas and we aren't going to ruin it for anyone."

We both fell asleep and were woken up at 8am by our kids. They were so excited. We all got up and joined the rest of our family. All the girls were in matching pajamas and the boys had matching pajamas. Both were the same patter just different styles.

The kids began opening presents. It was insane. After a while our moms went to the kitchen and began making Christmas tree shaped pancakes. Tears came to my eyes. This was our last Christmas together as a family.

Lauren came and sat on my lap and said, "Momma, Santa got us this. Together."

"Oooo, you can open it." I said

Lauren ripped the paper off and opened the box. Inside was a mar big outfit for us.

White skinny jeans with a denim look shoulderless shirt for me and a tank top for Lauren. (They looked similar)

"Mommy we can match!" She said excited

"Yes we can baby." I said smiling

I didn't know about this gift. I looked at Patrick and he smiled.

"Thank you." I mouthed

"Okay, so I have a special gift for my sister." Ashley said

She handed me a box which I opened and there was a piece of paper with a cute infinity ring.

The paper said, "I have found my mister, but I can't say I do without my sister! Will you be my maid of honor?"

I screamed.

"Hell yes! Holy shit you're engaged. My baby sister is getting married!" I screamed and cried hugging her

I grabbed the ring. In the middle was a small diamond and the band inside said, big sis.

"I have the matching one." She said and hers said little sis.

I hugged Mark and Ashley again.

"Okay now, Jessica, Jackie, Erica, will you three be my bridesmaids?"

All three of them freaked, and said yes.

She got Lauren a necklace to be her flower girl and the boys a stuffed animal to be ring bears.

The date was picked. August 21st next year.

We all ate breakfast and did our annual family photos.

Ashley out her engagement ring on, and I looked at mine. She was getting married and I was getting divorced. My life was falling apart.

"So Patty... How's the wifey?" Ethan asked

"She's good. How's your girl?"

"Your sister is great."

We spent the day together playing the kids new toys, and talking.

We left and went to our house around five pm. We packed our car up with all the toys and clothes as we left early tomorrow morning.

"Mama, can you take me to where daddy grew up playing hockey?"

"Yeah, how about the boys come with too." I suggested

"Okay!" She said

I started the car we had in Buffalo, Audi SUV and got the boys in. Lauren got her own seatbelt on. I ran back inside and asked, "Are you coming?"

"I thought you wanted the boys?"

"I do, aren't you a boy?" I asked

"I'll be out in a second." He said smiling

I drove to the rink and to Patrick's favorite outdoor rink.

"Let's skate." I said

"Mommy we don't have skates.." Lucas said

"Yes we do." I said smiling

Patrick got Lauren and Lucas' skates tied and I got Tyler ready. Lucas and Lauren skated by themselves. But my little two year old wanted to hold my hand.

"Let's play boys vs. girls." Lauren said

Patrick and I played with our kids and it was so much fun.

I passed to Lauren and she scored. She tried Patrick's heartbreaker celly.

"Did I do it daddy?" She asked

"Perfectly." He smiled at our daughter

The puck was in the corner and Patrick was racing me to it. I was holding it with my feet. Patrick picked me up and spun me around. The kids were all laughing. He purposely fell backwards into the snow bank and I said, "this is a holding penalty."

"Hurry up, go get the puck Luke." Patrick yelled

Luke came and got the puck and Patrick let me go.

We were both full of snow but honestly it made me forget about all the bad things. The girls won 4-3. We got undressed and drove home and I gave the kids a bath and we all had hot chocolate. We put the kids to bed and we went to bed. In separate rooms.

Christmas is such a magical time of year. Too bad it all ends tomorrow.