¤1¤ New

Lyria POV

London.

That was the next place my family, excluding my older brother, had moved to.

Sweet sixteen had passed one year ago so this year was back to being not so sweet again...

I was not looking forward to today even though I was used to being the new student on the first day of school. I hated how weird people gave you those kind of awkward stares that you just wanted to rip out of their faces.

My new year resolution was the same as every other year - survive school.

So, here I was, standing inside the school office, waiting for my timetable. God-knows-how-long I had been waiting 'cause the lady behind the counter had eyes as small as an ant and she couldn't find it.

Couldn't find the timetable or her eyes?

I think both.

Her assisstant found it first and she handed it to me with a grunt. That's rude.

I shook my head as I walked out of the general office.

I peered at the timetable in my hands.

What was my first lesson?

History.

That word just ruined my entire day of school. I sighed and walked towards my classroom quickly. Being late on the first day was definitely not a good first impression a teacher has of you.

I entered from the back door of the class because I don't want to be looked and scanned by dozens of people sitting at the front.

I took a seat at the back and waited for the history teacher to come in. Maybe the teacher wouldn't be as bad as the subject.

And then when she walked in, my hopes wavered. I watched her with bewildered eyes as she lumbered and panted to the front of the class in her bright red high heels.

If she thought she could be taller by wearing high heels, then she was wrong because it totally emphasised her wobbly fat and bare thighs.

"Good morning class!" the teacher said in a sing-song voice which some students at the front replied to enthusiastically.

Hmm... What do you call those people? Nerds? Let's call them history enthusiasts in a nicer way.

Lesson started. Thank God nobody noticed a new girl sitting at the back of the classroom because I didn't want anybody coming up to me and crowding round my table.

I shuddered at that thought.

Miss Rodney, according to what the history enthusiasts called her, was droning on and on about World War II when the door swung open, revealing four boys. All the girls in the class except me, of course, started to oogle at them. I think I even saw drool trickling out of Miss Rodney's mouth.

Disgusting.

" Boysss -"

At first, I thought Rodney was going to reprimand them for their tardiness.

But I guessed not.

"- return to your seats." was all that came out of her mouth. She flashed a smile at them, revealing an uneven set of coffee-stained teeth.

I actually thought that I shouldn't mind her appearance 'cause after all she was my history teacher but she was flirty and biased.

Ew, that I couldn't stand.

At this moment, a beautiful diamond encrusted blue pen flew to the foot of my table. I picked it up and looked around to find its owner.

It was a girl with wavy brown hair that fell to her back.