»29« Letting it out

Bryce POV

I yawned as I kicked off the blankets before shuffling to the bathroom.

Oh yeah, I promised myself today that I would text Lyria about this new gigantic marshmallow store around the corner. I can even imagine her squeal in my ear right now.

Brushing my teeth with one hand, I used my other hand to text furiously.

Bryce :

Hi, there's a new gigantic marshmallows store near my house. Do you wanna go there with me?

Walking out of the bathroom, I tossed my iphone onto my messy bedsheets and quickly changed out of my pyjamas.

Buzz... Buzz...

I heard the vibration of my phone against the bedsheets and smiled.

Lyria :

Oh.

I read the text Lyria sent me as I skipped my way downstairs for breakfast.

Something's not right...

She's not as lively as she usually is when someone mentions marshmallows...

Bryce:

What happened? You don't seem like yourself... Care to tell me?

" What a good boyfriend my son is, Ginni! He knows how to show concern for his girlfriend, Ginni! " I felt my father's breath move away from my neck as he exclaimed.

Ugh, he peered at my phone again!

Yesterday, he peered at my phone when I was scrolling through my Instagram and a picture of women in bikinis popped up.

Guess what? He scolded me for looking at other girls and he said he would give me a second chance by not telling Lyria about it...

Anyways, I heard my mother squeal rather too sharply as I munched on my sandwich and headed to the couch in the living room.

My phone vibrated again and I sat straighter on the couch as I read Lyria's text.

Lyria :

I'll tell you later when I meet you 'cause I really need a packet of marshmallows right now. Can we meet at 11am?

I felt myself grinning as I read her question and instantly texted back on my phone furiously.

Bryce :

Okay, meet outside my house :)

" Pa, Ma, I'm meeting Lyria later at eleven in the morning 'cause I'm bringing her to the new marshmallows store around the corner and do other things so I'll probably be back before one in the afternoon ," I hollered from the couch and instantly, they replied excitedly.

" Our boy is so thoughtful, Ginni! He's going on a date with his girlfriend to comfort her of her troubles, Ginni. What a man he has become, Ginni!" Pa became so worked up with excitement that Aranda woke up earlier than usual and walked downstairs to see the commotion.

" Good boy! Of course, you can go!" I heard Ma's reply and I snickered at 'Good boy'.

My parents always treat Aranda and I like little kids. Sometimes I'm annoyed but most times, I'm happy 'cause I know that I'm loved and cared for...

" Where did Ma and Pa permit you to go?" Aranda asked me as she stared at me with her droopy eyes, accompanied by horrible eyebags.

" To go and meet Lyria. Go and brush your teeth, your breath FREAKING STINKS," I scrunched up my nose as Aranda walked to the bathroom after giving a smirk in her sleepy state.