»7« Mr Tutor

Bryce POV

Oho, the sickening History test is tomorrow and I'm just going to start studying today.

I'm feeling so lazy. It must be because of the soccer match I had yesterday. My eyes almost closed during Ms Rodney's lesson and luckily, a false fire alarm went off to jolt me back to reality.

By the time the students settled down because of the uncalled-for commotion, the dismissal bell had rung, leaving Ms Rodney on the verge of screeching since she hadn't finish her lesson.

I was making my way home alone 'cause Rain had to babysit his little baby sister and both Skipper and Christian had science projects to do. Suddenly, I felt someone tugging on my shirt lightly.

I spun around and thought it must be Veron. To my surprise, it was Lyria.

" Hey Bryce, I was wondering if you're good in history... Aranda said you're kinda good"

"Kinda good?" I smirked, captivated by her eyes again. If you were me, you will understand why I kept emphasizing that her eyes were beautiful.

"Err Of course, you're good. Could you pleaaaase tutor me? I'm not good in history... " Lyria asked with pleading eyes. It was so difficult to say no and I didn't want to say no so I agreed.

When we reached my house, my parents were surprised that I brought a girl back home.

"Look Ginni, our boy has gotten a girlfriend. I'm so proud of him," I heard my father whispering a little too loudly to my mother. I snapped my eyes to him and gave him an excuse-me-I-can-hear-you look.

Luckily, Lyria didn't hear their conversation and I thanked the good Lord that she was a bit deaf.

"So, let's start on chapter one, regarding the Blitz. London was bombed or attacked 71 times. Ow..." I grimaced as we began the history tuition in my bedroom.

"Bombed by lovewaffle for 57 consecutive nights right?" Lyria asked and I burst out laughing when she said 'lovewaffle'.

" It's Luftwaffe, Lyria!" I gasped for air and continued laughing, pounding my hand on the bedroom floor after I slid off the chair.

"Let's continue," I said after I managed to calm down.

"Key points to note about the bombing. There's two. Try naming them. Don't open the book!" I immediately closed the book of notes when Lyria sneakily tried to find her answers.

"Errrrrrr failed to demoralise the British into surrender or significantly damage the war economy?" She replied as if asking a question.

"And?" I raised my eyebrow while waiting for her other reply.

" Luftwaffe failed to meet preconditions for a 1940 launch of Operation... I forgot what it's called..."

"Just try. You can do it!" I encouraged her, admiring her confused ocean blue eyes.

"I got it! Operation Merlion!" Lyria clapped her hands in enthusiasm and I laughed even louder, my stomach aching from laughing too much.

" The Merlion is in Singapore, Lyria! It's Operation Sea Lion!" I snorted and resumed to laughing.

We sorta managed to read up to Chapter 3 with much laughter and I decided to have a break.

" It's coffee time! Want latté or cappuchino?" I asked Lyria as we walked down the staircase.

"Oh, I hate coffee so tea would be fine," she smiled back.

I immediately slapped the place on my chest near my heart and feigned pain as well as sadness when I heard Lyria's declared hatred for coffee.