¤9¤ Blue season

Lyria POV

"Woah," Berlin gasped.

And everyone squatted there on the pavement, waiting for her reaction as time ticked by...

" You're making CORNFLAKE AND CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS? I'm hungry !" Berlin exclaimed as she looked up from the slip of paper.

Bet you thought she really saw the script.

I heaved a sigh of relief and I noticed the rest let out a deep breath. Rain must have almost gotten the shock of his life.

Damn those slips of paper Rain keeps in his files...

As we handed him the papers we had picked up, Rain thanked us profusely before we made our way back home.

~

My phone buzzed and lit up as soon as I threw myself onto my queen-sized bed, almost squashing Marshmallows. That's the name of my white rabbit. It almost looked like part of my bedsheet so an accident almost happened.

Bryce :

Close call... I almost died there...

Aranda :

That would be a gross sight to see...

Christian :

Rain, how many slips of paper have you got there in your file... 😑

Rain :

Erm , lots...

Inez :

Seems like the possibility of Berlin picking up the script is close to zero...

Skipper :

He's a lucky fella, aye.

It was time for me to do my homework so I got up from my comfy bed and stuffed a marshmallow into my mouth.

You'll never get sick of marshmallows...

¤

The weekend sped by so fast due to tons of homework piling on my desk. I was so busy that I didn't realise how messy my room was until Sunday night. You think I would clean it up? Nope, I just ate one more marshmallow before going to sleep.

The next day was the day of the annual Valentine's carnival. All students had to reach the place before 8 in the morning to prepare their stalls. I was there at the gigantic field of the park at 7.30am and I was so shocked to see that Aranda, Inez and Berlin had arrived.

We can clearly see who are the early birds here...

The sky looked bright and blue today. The clouds drifting in the sky, accompanied by the slight breeze, looked like... marshmallows. I was actually amazed that the plain old green field could actually be transformed into a platform for endless rows of colourful and vibrant stalls. The amount of people hurrying around to get ready for the carnival made the field look like a busy market place.

Ok, I should start cracking.

" Inez came in a humongous car today just to bring this big hunk of blue junk," Berlin ran out of our stall, Stall 32, to greet me. And she greeted me with a back-breaking hug.

" That big hunk of blue junk is called a cotton candy machine. It has a name," Inez emerged from behind Berlin, rolling her eyes in the process.

"This stall is lookin' fineeeee," I raised my eyebrows as I looked up to see the sign at the top of the stall.