¤22¤ Study of Bonding

Lyria POV

'Ding dong!'

I swung the door open and was greeted by Inez's smiling face.

"Hey princess, we meet again," a familiar cocky voice rang out from behind her as a head with stunning golden hazel eyes emerged from behind his older sister.

" How come he's here too?" I cocked my head to the right as Cien feigned hurt.

"Ah, he's also a good science teacher. Oh, is your mother around? 'Cause my mum asked me to give these cupcakes to her as a appreciation gift," Inez said as she handed me a nicely-decorated box tied up with a baby blue ribbon.

"Omygod, thanksss! Uh, my parents are both working now so there's only Dayn, Skyler and I in the house currently," I said as I took the box of cupcakes from Inez gleefully.

Inez's eyes lit up brightly as soon as I said 'Dayn'. Hmm, I wonder who got the hots for my older brother...

Wait, I forgot to introduce Skyler to them. I turned to my right, only to find her keeping her gaze fixed onto Cien. Is it love at first sight, Skyler?

"Erm, guys, this is my cousin, Skyler. She's gonna stay at my house till the end of the year," I beamed as Inez and Cien both waved to her enthusiastically.

Skyler's face glowed as she felt Cien's eyes land on her for a moment before they switched back to me.

"Okay, let's go do some studying!" I exclaimed as the four of us marched to my bedroom...

¤

" Must we study about plants?" I groaned as I sprawled across the study desk, facing Inez who 'planted' a few books about plants from her backpack onto the table.

"Well, if you do not want to fail, my advice for you is to study them," Inez replied, earning another groan from me.

"Let me give u some positive energy," Cien said as he hug me from behind and snuggled his head into my shoulders.

" No, thanks 'cause I'll go crazy," I replied while attempting to shrug his head off me.

"Crazy for me?" I could feel him smirk at the crook of my neck as I see Inez shaking her head in amusement in front of me.

"Nope, crazy for... MARSHMALLOWS!" I shrieked as Inez burst into a fit of laughter. Sorry, Cien, I'll choose marshmallows over you any day.

"Okay, let's go... So, in this diagram of the..." Inez said as she sat next to me and withdrew out an OMG-limited-edition-ice-cream-flavoured-marshmallows from her pocket.

Ah, she sure know how to tutor me.

While we were studying, I could make out Skyler's conversation with Cien's.

Way to go, girl!

"So, which school do you go to?" Skyler's voice rang from behind me as I focused on the intricate plant diagram I was drawing.

"St Clifford. But I wanna go to Phoex Highschool 'cause my princess is there..." I almost spat out my marshmallow when I heard his reply and I whipped my chair around, shaking my head at Cien's smirk.

"Okay... Erm, favourite food?" Skyler switched to another topic as I turned back to face my pitiful plant diagram.

"Marshmallows. Finger lickin' good..." Cien moaned as I hid my face of disgust away from him. I don't think marshmallows likes him as one of their consumers.

Back away from my marshmallows now!

"That's Lyria's favourite food... I'm asking about yours..." Skyler said as she was struck in the face by Cien's immediate reply.