¤13¤ Competition

Bryce POV

" Hurry up, Bryce!" My twin sister shouted from downstairs, urging me to come down quickly. I straightened my shirt as I walked out of my bedroom, towards the entrance of the house.

Aranda rolled her eyes at me as I took a long time wearing my brand new pair of converse sneakers.

I mean who wouldn't take good care in handling their brand new shoes?

"Away we go to Rain's house. Today is a big, big day! " Aranda shrieked as we made our way to Rain's house, just a few blocks away.

" How's my man going?" I engulfed Rain in a big hug and patted his back as soon as Rain opened the door.

" I'm fine as soon as you get your big ass body off me," A muffled reply came from Rain as I squashed him into my chest purposefully.

"Good luck for tonight, you'll totally need it," I whispered softly into his ear as I noticed Berlin draping over the sofa.

A confident smile crept up Rain's face as we did our usual 'bro fist'.

I settled down on the sofa and realised that the Summers and the Jacksons haven't arrived. Before I knew it, the doorbell rang.

Swinging the door open, Rain was engulfed in another big hug by Cien who was taller than him by a few inches.

" Inez in the house," Inez beamed as she made a dramatic arrival, ignoring Rain who was struggling under Cien's 'big ass body'.

" What's up with the hugging I get? I know I'm short so don't-" Rain was about to finish his sentence when this time he landed onto the floor with Dayn overwhelming him with a mammoth hug.

She has finally arrived...

My eyes lit up to find my angel standing at the doorway, in her arms was a snow white bunny crowned with a silver tiara.

I was about to greet her when suddenly, everyone crowded around her, squealing and grinning at the bunny. Even Rain and Dayn got off the floor to see the bunny.

" Its name is Marshmallows," Lyria said and I burst out laughing like everyone else.

" Why is everything marshmallows?" I asked in between laughs as I got up from the sofa and scratched Marshmallows behind its ears.

And then, it licked me on my nose...

Curse myself for stooping right in front of its face.

"Looks like it's taking a liking to you, Bryce. That's kind of weird 'cause you're not those type of people who love to interact with animals," Aranda scrunched up her nose in confusion as I rolled my eyes at her, wiping off Marshmallows' saliva from my nose.

" Let's start this day with a movie. I'm dying to watch ' The Jungle Book' ever since yesterday," Rain whined as he inserted the DVD into the DVD player.

Everybody immediately got into their positions around the television, as comfortable as possible while Rain scrambled around the house, fetching snacks.

My hands reached the bag of caramel popcorn on the coffee table and I stuffed myself greedily with it.

I turned to look at Lyria, who was sitting beside me. I was about to offer her some popcorn when I realised she was stuffing herself with marshmallows that she had brought along to Rain's house.

Marshmallows was snuggled on her lap, snoozing as soon as the movie started. At once, Lyria's eyes were glued to the television screen.

My eyes fell onto her soft kissable lips as marshmallows disappeared one after another into her mouth.

I bet her lips taste sweet, if I could just lick them...

I turned back to the movie as I blushed furiously, lucky that everybody was too busy concentrating on the movie to notice me turning as red as a chilli.

I had to admit that throughout the movie I sneaked a few glances at Lyria.

Okay, I sneaked a lot of glances at her. Don't blame me! Her expressions were extremely funny, especially the one when she gasped so loudly that Dayn screamed like a little girl.

But I wasn't the only one stealing glances at her. I swear Inez's younger brother, Cien, has a crush on her but Lyria's oblivious to it.

" I'm starving!" Skipper groaned as he headed towards Rain's kitchen. He probably went to Rain's refrigerator to search for food.

"Time for pizza making, guys! Cien, fetch me my big bag of ingredients..." Inez instructed as she bounced to the kitchen almost bumping into Skipper.

»ω«

" Pizzas are so easy to make so Berlin , you better not make a mess like last time," Inez warned her , " Let's get started!"

Luckily, Rain's kitchen was big enough to house ten cooks but I still prayed that no accidents would happen.

I was making the dough with Aranda and there was a lot of flour on my face, all thanks to my sister.

I don't even need foundation for my face , it's already perfect...

I saw Lyria cooking mushrooms in a frying pan from the corner of my eye. She could be the next ' Inez'.

Or she could be my house wife...

I instantly snapped out of my fantasies when Cien stood inches away from Lyria with a smile on his face.

Cien's eyes caught mine and a smirk crept up his face. Boy, this ain't gonna be good...

Arms snaked around Lyria's waist as he pushed his body against Lyria's , catching her off-guard for a second.

Boy, keep your hands to yourself!

I had to stop myself from marching over there to rip away Cien's hands from Lyria's perfect small waist.

The cocky child turned around and winked at me.

Livid I was.

" Stop playing Cien! Inez won't be happy you know ..." Lyria warned him as she pried his hands off her body.

I shot Cien a victorious smile as he rolled his eyes, knowing that his plan had backfired.

Everyone knows that the good guy always get the girl at the end of the story even if there was a third party ...

§

" I swear this is better than the ones they sell at Dominoes," Berlin moaned as she bit into her pizza.

" What? That's the truth," Berlin exclaimed as Christian shot her a death glare.

Everyone knows Christian's favourite pizzeria is Dominoes and you wouldn't want to insult his favourite place unless you want a death wish.

" I feel like sleeping... " Inez yawned, stuffing the last of her pizza into her mouth.

" Me too..." Lyria stifled a yawn and soon, everyone agreed to take a nap before dinner.

Within minutes, Christian fell asleep with his mouth open and Aranda was snoring and snorting loudly next to him.

I can't understand how Christian manage to sleep with the pig next to him.

The sight of everyone sleeping suddenly made feel extremely tired. I sneaked a glance at Lyria sprawled beside me, smiling as I took in the beautiful girl sleeping peacefully with her bunny, Marshmallows, in her bossom.

I closed my droopy eyes as I cuddled next to Lyria...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maths = Mental Abuse To Humans

Yes, I'm dying and I'm scared I'll fail my Maths examinations.

Qotd : Favourite animal?

Puppies?

Maybe horses and kittens too
Don't forget about the rabbits    

:)

»reminix«