¤3¤ Dance

Lyria POV

Cotton balls were strewn all over the floor because of our failed attempts in making fluffy clouds to demostrate precipitation.

But making the model was a fun thing to do and it allowed me to know more about Bryce.

He was definitely like Aranda.

Both were warm, friendly and encouraging. Sometimes they were cheeky but I didn't mind.

Bryce and I were racking our brains to think of ways to make the clouds for our model when we heard the jingling of keys coming from the front door.

" Oh God! I'm screwed if that's my mum or dad or even both. I didn't tell them that I was having you over at my place for project work," Bryce froze and his forest green eyes darted anxiously.

I didn't know what to do. Should I hide behind the sofa or in the toilet? Which place should I choose?

Too late.

A person stepped into the house before we knew it. Bryce let out a girly scream of horror but started bursting out with laughter when he saw Aranda covered in mud, scrowling at him.

However, Aranda's scrowl morphed into a smile as soon as she saw me.

"Lyria! What are you doing here?" Aranda's eyes landed on the mess across the living room and frowned.

" Ma and Pa would not be happy if they learnt about this. Why are there cotton balls everywhere?"

" We tried sticking these cotton balls onto our model but they keep falling off. I'm tired of trying already." Bryce pouted as Aranda rolled her eyes.

" Let me wash off this hideous mud on my clothes first. I won't take long, don't worry. I'll help you two after that. Poor thing that Lyria has to work with you," she shook her head as she skipped to the washroom.

"Whatever. Let's make the trees!" Bryce exclaimed excitedly.

I smiled at Bryce's enthusiasm. We finished making the trees in minutes and they looked really cute like little broccolis.

Aranda finished her bath and she sat down to help us with the fluffy clouds.

" Scotch tape, double-side tape and even glue didn't work," Bryce pouted at his sister.

"Have you tried the hot glue gun in the storage room? Remember Ms Lindsey always said to use the hot glue gun to stick on delicate objects? " Aranda replied.

"Oh. By the way who's Ms Lindsey?" Bryce asked.

" What? She was our art teacher for three years and you don't remember her? " Aranda gasped.
" I knew that alright. I was just joking," Bryce grinned as Aranda just shook her head.

I smiled as I listened to the conversation between the twins. And I suddenly missed my older brother.

"Okay, let me go get the sexy glue gun," Bryce said and he walked off to the storage room.

" Lyria, please join my after-school activity, dance because there's only four people inside. Most of the girls went to sports or fashion designing. If we don't get at least 5 members, dance would not be an after-school activity any longer..." Aranda suddenly asked me and she sounded sad as she persuaded me to join dance. She must love dancing a lot...

But I haven't danced in a long time. The last I recalled was when I was 14, I did ballet. I'm not confident if I can dance and follow dance steps after three years. Aranda noticed that I was in a dilemma so she let out a sigh.