Ch 3

//

The music starts to play, and Camila finds me in the crowd within seconds.

Our eyes lock, and she takes the first verse, sending me back in time, to the day we first met.

"What you want,
Baby, I got,
What you need,
Do you know I got it?
All I'm askin',
Is for a little respect when you come home."

----

This all feels like some dream.

Even though I'm heading home tomorrow morning, it'll only be a few months before I get to come back.

I still can't believe I actually made it through with four 'yeses'.

I stare back at my reflection in the mirror; for some reason, I get this weird feeling, like my life's about to change.

However naive, or ridiculous it is, I don't want to ever let go of it, I don't ever want to forget.

I can't believe I just stood in front an entire audience of people, and sang my heart out. And they actually loved me, even Simon.

My fingers are still shaking from all the excitement and all the nerves, and this entire situation just feels way too surreal, more than anything.

I turn the tap off, and run my hands through my hair, smoothing my teal blouse down.

I, Lauren Michelle Jauregui, made it through to the next freakin' round; I actually did it.

I nod to myself, feeling more accomplished, than I ever have, in the past.

Without meaning to, I only manage to suppress half of the squeal that erupts out of me.

I catch myself immediately though, and force myself to take a deep breath.

Alright, enough freaking out already.

I should get back to my family; they're probably wondering what's taking me so long.

I start to make my way out of the bathroom, turning the sharp corner, when suddenly, I hear this loud yelp, and I see this girl tumbling forward, flailing towards me with her hands outstretched.

At the very last second, I somehow manage to catch her.

My heart stops, because when she lifts her head, I come across the warmest, brown eyes I've ever seen.

Her dark hair is long and straight, but a few strands have made it over her face, and I fight the urge to brush it behind her ear.

"Got you," I whisper.

She's staring up at me, completely frozen in my arms, and yet the warmth I feel from her, is radiating through to me, where our skin is touching.

"Are you okay?" I ask, watching with amusement, as her mind slowly processes my words.

Her expression's this mix of frazzled surprise, like she has no clue how she got here, but now that she's arrived, she's forgotten why she came here to begin with.

She's staring at me with these wide eyes, and there's this feeling in my chest that I just can't quite describe.

I feel like I should say something again, because I feel this need to hear her voice--

"Wet--"

My mouth opens in surprise; did she just say...?

I have to be hearing things, because that makes absolutely no sense.