Ch 18.6 - Interlude - Dinah's POV

//

Dinah's POV

"Did you fuck her?"

Hold my fucking purse, that sounds like Mila.

I peek around the corner, and just as I suspected, Camila's standing in the middle of the dimly lit hallway.

My vision adjusts, and I see Lauren's there too.

Well, shiii, this can't be good.

I mean, it's only been just over two weeks, really. And most of it was spent separately. It's only natural they'd be at each other's throats still.

When Camila showed up at the airport by herself, we all knew shit went down-- again. She spent the first week, and a little bit of the next, drinking all day and all night, to celebrate her 'freedom'.

I unconsciously rub my stomach, because I'm pretty sure my liver is still angry with me from all that action.

We all took turns babysitting her, just to make sure she didn't go off and do something stupid, like having a random hookup. Thankfully, Camila didn't really seem all too interested in anything that didn't come with a bendy straw and a piece of fruit.

We all got calls from Lauren, desperately trying to talk to Camila, but every time we handed our phones over, she just hung it up without even thinking twice. I would've lost mine to the bottom of the pool, if I didn't tackle Camila right as she was winding up to launch the damn thing.

Then again, it's not our first camren rodeo; they'll fight, and make up, and we'll be one happy dysfunctional family again. Right?

For a second, I consider slinking away, because eavesdropping is sooo wrong, but then again, come on. How do I walk away from this?

What kind of captain would I be, if I wasn't in on the drama too?

So I flatten my back against the wall; and with the echo in here, I shouldn't have any issues listening in.

Lauren still hasn't answered Camila's scorcher of a question, and I start to wonder whether she's still there or not.

I almost gamble a peek, until I hear Lauren's voice again; soft, and full of remorse.

"I-- No, I didn't sleep with Lucy," Lauren confesses, then I hear the heavy sigh that follows after.

Lucy?

Jesus, Lauren. What the fuuuck you running to your sidehoe for--

"We kissed-- I mean, I, kissed her. But-- but that's it. She-- Lucy, she stopped things, before, you know..."

Well fuck, Lauser, you're really not making this any better--

"Get out of my fucking way, Lauren," Camila says, voice cold as ice.

But then it immediately boils over, when she adds, "Nice to see you've decided to tell the truth this time. At least I think it's the truth. I guess I'll find out, in oh, maybe a fucking year or so."

"Camz--"

"Don't! Don't you ever call me that again."

Oooh daaamn.

Savage. As. Fuck.

But I guess I can't really blame Mila for feeling this way.

Lauren fucked up real good. And as much as I love her to death, it doesn't seem like she's figured out how to stop fucking up.

I can't believe I'm even thinking this, but maybe... Maybe it's better this way...

At this point, I'm still recovering from the secondhand burn, and when Camila rounds the corner and literally into me, I let out a loud yelp.

At first, I see Camila try to work her anger up again, but her tears were already about to fall, even before she saw me.

And when they do, I'm there to catch her. I bring her small body into my arms, and I coo down to her, "Mila, honey, shhh...it's okay, let it out."

As I rub her back, and wait for her to stop quivering, I wonder whether this time, it's actually final...

I shake my head, pushing the thought away.

Camila and Lauren are meant to be together; they'll get through this, they will.

I pull apart, so I can look down at her sniffling face, and I say, "Wanna watch some Friends reruns, and order like, three large pizzas?"

Camila subtly perks up, and she nods quietly at me, wiping her tears with the sleeves of her sweater.

I turn to start walking, but she tugs at my shirt. When I look back, she asks, "Can we cuddle?"

She has that pouty look on her face, and I almost can't help the reflex to raise my eyebrow at her.

Instead, I sigh, and put my arm around her shoulder, leading her through the halls. I walk with her outside, where the air doesn't feel as thick, and where the sun's shining brightly.

I can still feel her gaze shifting to me every two seconds, still waiting for answer.

So finally, I roll my eyes, and say, "Okay, fine, you can have some damn Dinah cuddles. But you better not get used to it, mmkay?"

I wait for her to nod, and when she does, I bring her in for another hug, and kiss the top of her head.

I look up at the sun, just as the clouds slowly roll in.

I guess the forecast's wrong again, because it sure as hell looks like rain.

//

A/N: We'll have a few more interludes coming; just snippets/moments of time passing.

Wattpad: kyrie999
Tumblr: lovve-fearlesssly