Ch 32 - Epilogue Pt 3 - Explicit

To Listen To: 'Higher', by Rihanna, & 'Good to Love', by FKA Twigs

WARNING: EXTENDED EXPLICIT
*AKA, the smut of all smuts? 😅😆 Or nah... Srsly tho, the whole chapter is explicit, skip if you're not into that...

//

I can tell Camila's watching me now.

And wow, it's a lot warmer of a night out tonight, than I expected.

So I abruptly slap both hands on my thighs, and I say, "Should we go raid the mini-bar?"

Camila doesn't answer right away, and when I finally turn to see her darkened, brown eyes, her face breaks out into this nervous, playful smile.

And she answers, "Oh my god, yes."

//

"What now, Lo?"

I find myself staring down at Camila's lips, all too aware of how her arms are on either side of me, pinning me against the far end of the pool.

My back's pressed up against the cool tile behind me, and I keep my hands firmly on my sides underwater, afraid to cross the line.

I can see the beads of water travelling down the side of her face, and the light mist of the heated water swirling around us.

Somewhere in between the tiny bottles of liquor we shared, and the empty bags of candy sitting on the deck, Camila and I thought it would be a good idea to take a midnight dip together.

So now we're both standing in the deepest end of the pool in our bikinis, almost chest-deep; and the only sound that can be heard, is the soft music coming out of Camila's bungalow, and the ocean waves behind us.

After spending the last couple of hours drinking, and laughing, and catching up about our lives over the past year, we now find ourselves face-to-face, with only a few inches between our bodies.

I look back up into her eyes, and I catch her gazing at my mouth.

The tension between us is thrumming steadily in my chest. And I don't know if it's just the alcohol warming my blood, or if it's just a consequence of having Camila's body so close to mine.

And this invisible barrier, drawing the line between our past, and our present, keeps coming up against the mutual attraction we obviously still feel towards one another. 

So I wet my lips, and I pin her with my gaze, and I ask, "What do you want, Camz?"

She searches my eyes, as if the answer to my question can be found in them.

And I hold my breath, as Camila inches forward, our bodies wet, and brushing against one another.

She brings one hand up, and she tucks the loose strands of my hair behind my ear.

I hear the uneven drips of water sliding off her elbow beside me, and I feel my skin tingling with the feeling of her pressed against me.

I'm entranced by the way she licks her lips. Then her gaze slips down to my mouth, and she whispers, "I want you, Lo-- I've always wanted you..."

I close my eyes briefly, inhaling sharply; because she stole the words at the tip of my tongue.

Is this actually real, or am I just dreaming?

But if we do this tonight, what about tomorrow?

Things are so different now.

We live on opposite ends of the country, and our lives are a lot more different than before.