Ch 5

[To Listen To: "Cake", DNCE]

//

It almost feels like real warmth against my back, like protective arms, wrapping around my body, like a cocoon.

"I love you, Camz," I murmur, feeling a happy little spoon.

I swear I feel a kiss on the back of my head.

She doesn't say anything back, but that's okay.

I know she loves me too; I can tell by the way she's holding me so close right now, like she hasn't held me in forever.

//

I feel warm, and safe, and completely at ease.

For the amount of alcohol I consumed last night, I'm surprisingly not feeling all that bad.

As I start to wake up, I hear excited chattering outside of my bunk, and it makes me wonder what time it is, exactly.

I'm right up against my bunk wall, and it starts to dawn on me, that it's not just warm in here, it's hot.

Something's draped over my waist, and I start to turn, realizing suddenly that someone's in my bunk with me.

I open my eyes and I come face to fucking face with two, beady little plastic eyes, and a gaping hole of a mouth shaped like a massive 'o'.

"WHAT THE FUCK--"

My hands and my legs flail out like fucking torpedoes, launching that thing out of my bunk, and propelling me right after it.

I crash to the floor with a loud thud, landing over what I've come to realize is a fucking blow-up doll with a pre-puberty moustache, and a huge plastic dong poking into my belly.

A ridiculous amount of cackling greets my freaked out, groggy mind, when I notice that I'm now straddling the effing blow-up doll in my underwear.

I look up, and Dinah has her phone pointed my way, obviously recording this momentous event. "You just got PRANKED, Lauser!"

Right beside her, also with their phones, Normani and Ally are trying to control their laughter. They're clearly not trying all that hard though, based on the fact that I can see actual tears in their eyes.

"DINAH!" I yell, and I try to get up, but my knee slides right over the slippery plastic, and I bang my elbow on the side of the bunk, just in time for me to fall face forward, and motorboat the doll's 'o' face with my boobs.

Normani and Ally snap photos like the fucking papz, and when I finally growl my way up to standing, they're all already shrieking and scrambling for escape.

"Assholes!" I yell again, trying not to join in their laughter.

"Mila, save us!" Ally squeaks over her shoulder.

The three musketeers clamber out of the tiny hallway in search for freedom, just as I see Camila's shit-eating grin.

And they all run just past her, giggling their heads off, as my girlfriend blocks my pursuit with both her arms spread on either bunk beside her.

Traitor.

"Camz, out of the way, love." I say in a sweet, yet threatening voice; but already, the hilarity of this is starting to melt the need for revenge in me.

Camila ignores my words, and just bites her bottom lip. Her eyes travel up and down my body, making me keenly aware that I'm half-naked in front of her, and there's a blow-up doll with a boner, just laying limp, between my feet.