Ch 12 - Explicit

WARNING:
REALLY REALLY EXPLICIT!!
And yes, this is the scene you dirties have been waiting for. Enjoy!

[To Listen To: 'Make You Feel' then 'Show Me', by Alina Baraz & Galimatias]

//

It continues to rotate lazily, on the surface of the table, spinning past every person in the circle, ticking down, like the hands of a time bomb.

And when it finally stops, and singles out its mark, my throat goes dry.

Because the countdown just hit zero, and it's pointing directly at--

"Halsey! You lucky bitch!" Cara exclaims.

I feel the lethal heat of Camila's gaze, hit me like a burst of steam.

My face flushes immediately, as I turn to face Ashley, beside me.

She looks back at me, with a bit of uncertainty; and I can tell her hesitation's there, because of the way Camila is practically staring daggers into both of us.

Fuck, am I actually gonna go through with this?

"Okay, Halsey," Taylor interjects. "You get to decide where the two shots are gonna go," she adds, pushing four shots towards us, on the table.

Ashley turns to her, answering, "Um, can we not, just do the shots--"

A round of loud 'boos' interrupts her, but Ashley holds strong, continuing, "I feel kinda weird about this-- I mean, I'm totally fine with it, if Lauren is--"

She stops abruptly, purposefully looking at Camila this time, adding, "And if Camila's fine with it...?"

Several pairs of eyes, naturally zip to Camila, who's now visibly fidgeting in her seat.

"Why wouldn't she be?" Taylor asks, oblivious. She turns to Camila, asking, "I thought you said that the kiss at the show earlier, was just a publicity thing?"

I can't help the way my teeth start grinding over each other.

Fuck, Camila, just say something already.

I can see the pressure of everyone's attention, weighing down on her.

And there's a small part of me, that wants to save her.

But then there's a larger part, that wants her to show me that she's changed, to show me that our relationship means more to her, than all of this.

She was the one who told me to grow up, now it's her turn.

So I remain quiet, letting the gravity of my gaze, settle over top, of everyone else's.

My heart stutters, when her mouth opens, and for a brief second, I actually think she's gonna put an end to this.

But then her lips draw shut, and her palms rise along with her shoulders, into a flustered shrug.

It's the only trigger I need, and I react immediately, piercing the tension with my voice.

"For fuck's sake, it's just a body shot."

The vacuum of attention, suddenly turns to me, and I say to Ashley, "So, where do you want it?"

I see Ashley measuring my gaze for a few seconds, but then a smirk touches her lips, and she answers, "My neck--"

A couple of whistles sound around us, but I'm not paying attention, because Ashley's pinning me down with her eyes.

The corners of her mouth lift, and I watch her eyes flutter down to my lips, then back up to my eyes.

Then she adds, "And my lips."