Ch 9

//

And she kisses my lips hard, breathing heavily, in between the tongues clashing through our open mouths.

"Holy shit," she husks against my cheek.

I reach up, to brush the sweat, and the hair, out of her face, and I respond, "Same, baby, same."

//

The next month and a bit, go by in a blur of shows, interviews, and sleepless nights.

We all settle back into the tour grind, and as tiring as it is, I can't remember a happier time in my life.

Things are perfect between Camila and I.

Both of our groups are getting along, and the shows have been our best ones yet.

The positive reviews keep rollling in, and it's decided that going on tour together was an excellent idea.

We're out for breakfast at a local diner, and I can tell everyone's amped up for tonight's festivities.

"I'm so excited for tonight!" Dinah's practically squealing, and she leans sideways in the booth to unload her excitement, by squeezing Ally by the shoulders.

Ally just shrugs happily in Dinah's bear hug, and adds, "I know! Can y'all believe it's our fifth AMA awards?"

"It's going way too fast, if you ask me," Normani pipes in. She takes a sip of her drink, continuing, "Maybe we'll win favourite group, two years in a row!"

"Oh my god, that would be amazing," Camila says, squeezing my knee, under the table.

I grin all along with them, placing my hand on top of my girlfriend's. "I'm sure you guys will, I'm so excited for all of you."

Camila turns her face and smiles at me, saying, "You too, Lo. You guys get to perform tonight, plus, you got your nom for favourite new artist, too."

I look over at her, and she's practically beaming with pride, and it makes me feel all sorts of happy.

Taking this award home tonight, would be my second nomination, and subsequent win. For a new band, jusr breaking out into the scene, that would be a dream come true.

I feel Camila flip her hand, so she can intertwine our fingers, and I run my thumb over her knuckles, by reflex.

She wets her lips, still looking at me, pulling my gaze down.

My eyes slip further down, to her thin, rose-coloured top, past her pleated skirt, and then lingering over her crossed legs.

She must see the way I'm looking, because she uncrosses them, to cross them over her other leg, pulling her skirt, just a little bit higher, in the process.

It makes me wonder if she's maybe wearing a slip, or maybe--

"Barf, okay, some of us are still eating here, thank you very much," Dinah comments.

Camila scoffs, answering, "Whatever, DInah, you love us."

Dinah lets out at a laugh, saying, "Well, I'd love it a lot more, if I didn't have to listen to your girlfriend all the time--"

My face reddens immediately, just as Normani cuts in with an exaggerated voice, "Oh! Camila! Yes! Yes--"

I throw a piece of melon at her, making her laugh harder, when it plops down her shirt.

This only causes Dinah to take over though, and she puts both hands into her hair, fake ripping at it, as she says, "Camz! Don't stop! Just like that, da--"