part 24

School was finally over and I couldn't wait to get the summer started. I got me a job and I got my permit and things were finally looking up for me. I haven't talked to Shane since everything went down I was still pretty upset about it all and Im just ready to get all of this off my mind.

I start work tomorrow and I was kind of nervous about it. I didn't know what to do. When I woke up the next day I got dressed and headed to work. It went by fast. The kids loved me and the other workers did to.

After a couple of weeks I got used to it and it was easy. Shane texted me one day and wanted to talk to me about everything. So I text him and we talked and he asked me about work and if I was dating anyone, as usual. After we talked everything through he said that he would pick me up after work the next day so my mom wouldn't have to since I don't have my drivers license yet. And then a little while later he said never mind cause him and her were fighting about it. So I said okay and got on with it.

The next day he texted me and said I'll pick you up after work and I was excited about it and said okay and I texted my mom and told her that I'm getting a ride after work so she doesn't have to pick me up. That day went by slow. After I got off I went outside and he was waiting for me. I got in and it was completely silent. We were almost to my house and he starts talking to me. Nothing really big but at least he talked to me. When I got out of the car he said that he would see me later and I told him thanks for the ride and that was it. I didn't hear from him for awhile after that.

Its July and I'm not doing so well. I went  to the doctor and they said I have stones in my appendix. So I had to quit my job cause I was missing so much but I only had a week left out of the summer program anyways. I text Shane cause I need to tell him. I don't know why but I do.

*Hey, do you have time to talk? *

*yeah what's up?*

*well I went to the doctor and I have stones in my appendix.*

*Damn.*

*Yeah. *

After that there was nothing. Not a text back or anything. I was sad to not get a text back from him. But hey, its life right?
Korey and I have been hanging out with Kara and Kyle for the last bit of summer. Kara and Kyle are married and are in there twenties. A little old for us but they are pretty cool. I got my mind off things and they helped me get through ALOT.

Korey has been seeing this boy named Bryan. He's from Pryor, I don't really know alot about him. He seems really nice. One night when me and Korey went and stayed the night with Kara and Kyle he came by and got Korey and I stayed with them and we hung out and went to eat and when we got back they were there waiting for us.

"how did it go?" I ask Korey.

"It went good actually."

"that's good."

A couple of weeks later they broke up.

It's now August.

School is starting soon and I still haven't heard from Shane since I told him about my appendix. Which the doctors haven't done anything about.