part 1.

~Weeks later~

           "I wonder what Shane is doing?" I ask Lexi.

         "I haven't heard that name in awhile."

        "I know. I kinda feel bad for what I did."

        " You should text him."

       " Really?"

       " Yeah, I mean all you can do is say your sorry for what you said and if he doesn't accept your apology then oh well. "

       "okay."

       I grabbed my phone and found his number and texted him.

        *Hey, It's Hailey.*

        *Hi?*

       *I'm sorry for what I said last time I was just upset.*

       *I understand.*

       *Can we be friends?*

       *Sure.*

       *Good!*

       *I'm surprised that you still had my phone number.*

        *I couldn't delete it.*

    After that we talked for a few days, then one day I asked him if he would come to church with me since we couldn't see each other very much since we both go to different school's.That Wednesday night he came to church with me. We set beside each other on the church bus and in church.

     Tj showed up. Which is Shane's  brother. Which was kinda weird since Tj and Lexi had a past.

    They dated during the summer, which didn't end so well. Tj told Lexi that he didn't really have the same feelings for her as she did for him. He just wanted to be friends. Nothing more than that, but Lexi wanted more.

     While we are sitting there in complete silence I decide to make things a little less awkward , so I turn to Shane and ask him how everything was going with high school and his girlfriend, and as we talk I can hear Tj and Lexi talking to each other and it surprises me that I'm not even paying attention to what Shane was saying, so I take my attention off of them and start listening to what Shane was talking about. After awhile of talking, church finally starts. It was kind of relieving because things were super weird between us.

      When church service was over we all got in the church van. There are four seats. Shane and I sit together in the second seat. When we get going we are talking about random things. Shane checked his tablet, he had a message from his girlfriend.

           "What's your girlfriend's name" I ask him

         "Miley, why?"

         "Miley?"

        "Yeah."

         "I know her."

         "Really?"

         " Yeah. I don't like her but I know her."

         "Oh."

         " Yeah."

         "Well, I just broke up with her."

          "Really? Why?"

          "Cause she cheated."

          " Oh. Okay"

      We sat there for awhile in silence. I was looking out the window. Shane put his arm around me and I turn my head and look at him and smile and he looks in to my eyes and ask me...

          "Will you go out with me?"

          And of course I said....

        " Yes, I would love to."

        After that he held me in his arms the rest of the night I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I loved the way it felt to have his arms around me.

         The next day I was kind of nervous to check my phone cause I was afraid that I might have gotten a text from him saying that he was breaking up with me. When I finally got the nerve to check my phone I had a text from him. When I opened it, it said.

          " Good morning beautiful"

        I was relieved to see that he wasn't breaking up with me. The next couple of days he would call me or he would text me. Then three days later he broke up with me. He went back to his ex again.

       After that I decided that maybe we should just be friends.

      We talked every once in awhile. Then it started getting to where we were talking everyday. I was starting to fall...

      Then one Friday night he text me.

       *Hey, will you take me back?*

       When I got that message I was so excited. I texted him back.

       *Yes!!*

      We dated for a couple of weeks. Then One Sunday our church took us to see a Christian movie.I asked Shane if he would go with me. He made sure it was okay with his parents and we went together. Before the movie we went to get shakes and after that we went to a store and we were dressing up and running around and acting crazy. After we went to a housing store and everyone that went to the movies with us played hide and seek. Then we finally went to the movies. Shane and I sat beside each other and the movies. Lexi was trying to get me and him to hold hands but I didn't cause I was too scared that he didn't want to. We watched the movie and every once in awhile I would look over there and Shane would be asleep so I would elbow him to wake him up.