Chapter Nine

But he's only seventeen! How could someone be completely heart-less to kill a teenager just because of the beast he is becoming? Wolfsbane. Wow. Isaac wouldn't stand a chance against a shot of that stuff.

Stiles, Derek and I were silent for a moment as it sunk in. They're planning on killing him. I won't let that happen.

"Allison already slowed him down before going to see Scott. I don't know how, but it should buy me some time to find the keys in my dad's office." Stiles informed us, increasing his speed on the Jeep.

"Good. Now just hurry!" I explained, feeling the adrenaline kicking in. I can't seem to keep still at moments like this. Anything can go wrong in only seconds.

I was about to get out when Stiles parked the Jeep in the station parking lot. But he stopped me, claiming that we need a plan. Derek was going to do the same thing, but Stiles grasped his leather jacket on the shoulder. Derek stopped and gave him a look.

"Whoa, there big, bad wolf. You can't just go in there!" Stiles expressed, thinking that Derek was making an idiotic choice. This should be good.

Derek's eyes flickered from Stiles' hand on his jacket, to his eyes. Stiles immediately let go,"Okay, okay. I'm letting go." He quietly said.

Derek was about to open the door again, until he was interrupted yet again.

"What's your plan huh? You're just gonna walk in there and get him out?" Stilinski skeptically asked, doubting that his tactics would work.

"I'm going to distract her." Derek calmly said, talking about the darker skinned woman at the front desk.

Stiles chewed on his bottom lip for a second,"So you're going to punch her in the face? That's how you'll distract her?"

"I'm going to talk to her." He repeated.

Stiles nodded doubtfully,"Give me a sample."

Derek cocked his head to the side and kept his hard stare on Stiles, saying nothing.

"Dead silence, genius."

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face." Derek resolved, earning a laugh from me in the back seat. I still want to get out of here!

Stiles huffed loudly. We are getting absolutely no where.

"Fine, just go."

Thank you! I was about to jump out aging, but Derek stopped me. Ugh.

"Hey, who said that you're going in?" Derek questioned, looking back at me.

I swung my head back against the head rest. Not again.

"C'mon Derek! You didn't let me do anything today, please let me help!" I whined, frowning.

Derek shook his head,"I know, but it's for your own good."

"My own good?" I demanded, raising my voice.

Derek pressed his finger tips against his temple, then he looked at me again.

"Fine. You can be...a look out. Just stand outside of the door and if anything happens, then come."

I crossed my arms and thought. "Ugh. Okay." I couldn't help but feel the anger bubbling up inside, I can help! Derek gave me a satisfied smile,"Good." God, I hate when he does that!

All three of us got out and went to our positions. I am standing by the front door, watching as Derek walked up to the front desk. He ran his fingers along the edge of the desk as he waited. The woman there walked into the room with papers and coffee in her hands. She froze and smiled when she saw Derek. "Can I help you?" Her eyes twinkled in a way that almost seemed like she was...enchanted. Derek had a huge smile, it was actually fairly convincing. Oh god. This should be good.