8: Popping the Question

Alright! I love my idea for this chapter. Star and Marco live in their own apartment in this story. But I'm warning you it could be a little mature *cough* kissing *cough*. You have been warned. Enjoy!

It was a bright, sunny morning. The birds chirping sweetly. A gentle breeze present from time to time. The perfect day to go outside and just enjoy life.

"Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored" muttered the twenty year old Star Butterfly, laying on the couch and pounding here hand against the cushions.

Star's POV

"We meet again my mortal enemy! I hoped to never see you again. But here you are, staring at me. This is the day I will have to face my greatest fear! Boredom." I groaned crossing her arms.

Just then Marco came in the room and have me a smile.

"Morning Star." he said before instantly kissing me full on the lips.

My eyes widened in surprise, but slowly closed and returned the lovely gesture.

"What was that for?" I asked after we pulled apart.

"What? I can't kiss my girlfriend good morning?" he chuckled

I shot him a loving smile and pecked him in the lips.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" he asked sitting next to me.

"I don't know. Got nothing planned for today." I shrugged.

"Well... " he started putting an arm around me.

"We can go out tonight. Go to the new 5 star restaurant downtown. And I have something planned after." he whispered the last sentence before kissing my neck.

I giggled before letting out a satisfying moan.

"Don't you always surprise me Wild Man?"

He gave me a smile before going to the kitchen.

Time skip and it was 6pm I started preparing for my date with Marco.
Since it was formal, I decided to wear a white, sleeveless dress, flowing just above my knees, with flower designed laces that covered my shoulders and arms, and a white sparkling belt. I wore my white high heel shoes that had a garter, wrapping just above my ankles. I curled my hair and letting a strand fall down on each side of my face. I nodded in front of the mirror, agreeing with my look

Marco's POV

It was now 7pm and I headed to our bedroom. Since Star is a lady, I let her prepare in our room. Leaving me to change in the bathroom. I took a glance of my attire. I wore a white collared shirt and black suit with same colored dress pants, with a bow to finish the whole look.
I took a deep breath. Sure, Star and I went to countless dates since our relationship started 4 years ago, but today is the day I pop the big question. Cellphone, check. Rose, check. Box with a ring inside, check. I slowly rose my quivering hand and knocked on the door.

"Star, you ready?"

And then she opened the door. There I stood, jaw dropped, eyes wide, looking at my insanely gorgeous girlfriend, wearing the dress I gave her as a gift last year.

"Uuuuuhhhh"

"You look amazing." she chuckled, Music to my ears.

"You're stunningly gorgeous." I said taking a step closer.

"Just like you do everyday. " I murmured kissing her in the lips

"You've been kissing me a lot lately."

I coughed turning bright red. I gestured for her to hold my arm.

"So shall we go?"

Time skip and we were now at the restaurant. Star was happily eating her dinner.

"Wow Marco! You were right! This place is great."

"I'm glad you like it Star."

After a few minutes I led her to the park. The moon and stars illuminating the sky. I held into her hand as I walked her to our favorite spot under a tree. There laid a table with a radio on top and a few lights dangled on the branches and leaves of the tree. All prepared by me.

"Marco... this... this is beautiful." she said hazing at the sight.

"You're beautiful." I said getting lost in her electric blue eyes.

I turned the radio on. A slow song, softly being heard from it.
I held out my hand to Star and smiled at her. She smiled back and placed her hand in mine. I pulled her into a slow dance, getting lost in each others eyes. My hands made its way to her waist and her hands wrapped behind my neck.

"Star"

"Marco"

Me leaned in closer.

"I love you. " I smiled

"I love you too." she smiled back.

"and because of that." I started holding onto her hands and going down on one knee.

Star's POV

My eyes went wide as he knelt down on one knee.

"M-marco?"

"Star Butterfly, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" he said opening the little block box, showing a dazzling diamond ring with wings at both sides of the stone.

I gasped, trying to hold back tears of joy.

"Yes! Yes! I will marry you!" I shouted, letting the tears fall down.

Marco's POV

I slipped the ring into her finger and jumped up to attack her with a hug.
We laughed as I spun her in the air and hugging once more.

"I love you." she whispered into my ear.

"I love you too." I said tightening the hug.

We laughed and finished the night with a kiss.

Hey guys!!! Thank you for reading! This idea just popped out of my head! I loved how it turned out. Tell me if you want me to make a one-shot about their wedding day, or maybe a story after their marriage! Who knows what pops out of my head! Anyways.... Till next time! Happy Valentine's Day!

-SM4ever