10: Nice Get Up

"Hey, Marco. Marco. Marco. Marco. Marco. Marco..." the blonde continuously poked her best friend.

"Star?" Marco asked, not bothering to look up from his Psychology Book.

"I'm bored." she rested her chin on his shoulder.

"Then go do something." he replied not minding the contact.

"What do I do?"

"I don't know." he shrugged, flipping to the other page.

"Girl stuff... you know, reading magazines, polishing fingernails...and trying on make-up." he turned to another page.

Star groaned into his shoulder.

"You know I'm not that girly." she mumbled

"Yeah you being a princess... not girly at all." he said sarcasm present in his tone.

Star shot him a glare and moved in front of him.

"Yeah, a princess who happens to be a fierce warrior, who fights monsters and has fist like hammers!" he threw both fists in the air.

Marco smiled, and finally looked up his book to meet the eyes of the princess.

"You know..." he closed his book

"We can go to the mall if you want." he put the book down.

"Go eat food or watch a movie, or... "

"Try on new clothes!" the blonde squealed.

Marco smirked and crossed his arms.

"Yeah... not girly at all." he chuckled as the girl lightly punched his arm.

"Okay, but you're just gonna try them on. If I have enough money, maybe we can buy you one dress." he shrugged and pointed a finger to the ceiling.

"Only one!"

Star screamed and hugged him tightly. He was about to hug back when Star instantly grabbed his arm and flew out the door.

Time skip

Marco stood outside the dressing room, a mountain of dresses held on his hands.

"Hey Marco." Star said from inside.

"Thanks for taking me here."

The brunette smiled sweetly and put down the stack of dresses.

"No prob Star, you are my best friend after all."

She laughed, music to his ears.

"It's funny."

"What is?"

"That you always manage to handle me. I know I'm a handful and all, even my parents sent me here, so they can use a vacation." now her voice was low.

"Sometimes I think that I drag people down."

Marco frowned, eyes softening at the curtains from where the girl was changing.

"Star, don't say that! You know your parents love you, everyone loves you! You're an amazing person!"

She chuckled.

"Thanks. You always know what to say"

The brunette smiled and walked closer to the dressing room.

"Will you come out so I can see you?"

Star opened the curtains, leading Marco to stare in pure shock, if it were possible his jaw would've dropped to the ground.

Star was wearing a purple, long sleeve shirt, that revealed her shoulders. Blue denim jeans and a pair of black boots.

She giggled and waved her hand in front of Marco's face.

"Hey Marco! Snap out of it!"

The boy blinked several times and shook his head.

"Sorry, what?" he continued to stare.

"What do you think?"

"I'd say... " he rubbed his chin as he pretended to think.

"Nice get up." he pointed.

Star elbowed him in the stomach before walking back to the dressing room. Smiling back at him as she started to drape back the curtain.

"Wait!" Marco shouted.

"Why don't you wear that until we get home." he shrugged.

Stars eyes lit up and she stood on the tip of her toes.

"Your buying it!?"

"Anything for my princess." he softened a smile.

Star hugged him, of course, he embraced her in return. After pulling apart he rapped his hand to hers and they went to the cashier.

I sort of changed the way I write in this story. Anyways second chapter were they didn't kiss!!! Hehehe.... Anyways, Till next time!!!

-SM4ever