24: Phone Call

The sky was illuminated by billions of stars. The atmosphere, cool and fresh. People were laying, and gazing at the twinkling dots, here at the famous Echo Creek Park.

As relaxing as the evening night sounded. There was one person who was pacing back and forth, eyes fixated on the phone in his hands and dramatically hyperventilating

"Come on, come on." he said as he raised the phone to his ear.

"Pick up, please pick up." the phone rang several times before a voice was heard.

"Hello?"

"Star!" he screamed.

The voice from the other side laughed. Sweet melody to his ears. He couldn't help but chuckle as well.

"I've been trying to call you all day!"

"Yeah, sorry. Your mom and I were just shopping for new clothes." she reasoned.

"So... how's Paris?" he asked.

"Its awesome! The Eiffel tower is just magnificent! There's also this weird crescent-shaped roll, but it tastes awesome! What was it called again?"

"A croissant." he answered pointing a finger in the air.

"Yeah! Anyways, what about you? How's your day going?"

"It's..... fine."

Star raised an eyebrow from the other line.

"Don't tell me, that you've been trying to call me all day and have been missing out on a relaxing day there in Echo Creek?" she stated nonchalantly.

Marco laughed nervously while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Marco! Stop worrying so much! I want you to have a fun time even without me!" she said walking near a coffee shop in Paris.

Marco looked down and started sauntering towards home.

"I know, but it isn't really fun without you here." he admitted, his cheeks revealing tints of red.

"Your mom and I will be back from our 'No Boys, Paris Vacation' in a week. You can handle that without me, right?" she questioned, taking the cup of coffee she ordered.

"I-i don't know." he said opening the front door and being greeted by a litter of sleeping laser eyed puppies.

"Marco." concern was obviously shown by the way his name tumbled across her lips.

"I miss you." he finally said, switching on the lights.

Star took a sip from her coffee and inhaled.

"I miss you too." she replied looking out the glass window of the coffee shop.

Marco sighed and sat on the couch, putting a hand over his forehead, and leaning forward so that his elbows rested on his knees.

There was a pause for a few seconds before the blonde spoke up.

"Tell you what. When I get back, I promise we'd have the whole week to our selves. How does that sound?"

Marco smiled and took out the velvet box from under the cushions. He opened it and revealed a shimmering, diamond ring, with two wings resting on the sides of the stone. After looking at it briefly, he closed the box and finally answered.

"I can't wait."

I forgot to tell yah. The two are both 21 here and have been dating for a couple of months or almost a year. Okay so... Please VOTE and COMMENT!

-SM4ever