5: Light Switch

Marco's POV

The day was slow. Nothing special going on. It was already sunset and Star hasn't left her room. It was odd. No explosions or even a tiny bit of magic appeared in the house. I decided to go check on her for the sake of worry.

"Star, you've been awfully quiet the whole day. Is everything alright?" I asked knocking her door.

Instead of words I was replied by a loud snore.

"Star?" I asked again.

This time the snore was louder.

"I'm coming in." and with that I opened the door.

The room was dark. The light from the hallway only brightened the entry. I turned the lights on.

"Turn the lights off!" Star groaned from her bed, covering her face with a pillow.

"Get up lazy pants. It isn't healthy to sleep all day long." I said walking over to her bed.

She let out a sigh and grabbed her wand. I raised my hands in defeat as she pointed it to me.

"Your lucky I'm your friend." she said before pointing the wand to the light switch and zapping it back off, pulling the blanket to cover her whole body

"Star I'm serious. You need to get some fresh air. " I said pulling the blanket away.

"This isn't like you. Where's the cheery Star that I know and love?"

"People change Marco." she groaned into her pillow.

"You asked for this." I said before turning around and switching on the lights once more.

Of course she zapped it off again. I continued to turn it on every time she zaps it off in assuming to annoy her. It went like that for half an hour until she couldn't take it anymore.

"Marco!!! Why do you have to turn on the lights?! It isn't even sun down!"

"So I can see your gorgeous face, you stubborn lazy-head!"

Star's POV

My eyes were now as large as saucers and my face was pretty much red as Marco's hoodie. Apparently he had his mouth covered by his hands, but I could still see the red in his cheeks.
I stood there shocked but mostly flattered. I wasn't offended by him calling me stubborn, no, but I was surprised he called me gorgeous.

"G-gorgeous?... you don't mean that do you?"

He slowly brought his hand down and let out a nervous chuckle as he scratched the back of his neck.

"W-well you see I..." he gulped.

I stared directly into his hazel colored eyes. Giving him a look that demanded him to continue. He let out a sigh and eventually looked down to the cold floor.

"Yes." he sighed before nodding.

I didn't let a loud aaww escape from my mouth, but instead I gave him a warm embrace. We parted but he still had his hands on my hips and I still had mine on his shoulders.

"Alright you win I should really get out of this room."

"Weeelll... it's okay if we stay here a little longer." he said pulling me closer to his warm body.

I chuckled, knowing what he wanted and kissed him lightly at the lips.

"There, now can we go outside?"

"Sure." he said softly before carrying me bridal-style and heading outside the room.

Hey guys! Looking forward on your comments. If you like this one-shot, pls pls vote. I'm really, really looking forward to your votes. My new phone depends on it! Long story short, I bet my cousin if I could have 15 or more votes by the end of the school year, I'd give him my new phone, and if I do get such a number of votes, he'd give me his graphics tablet. So yeah... anyway hope you enjoyed the book this far. Till next time!

-SM4ever