38: Thanks

AU story! Again...

Marco had to make sure this date was going to be perfect.
Sitting at a white clothed table in the middle of a fancy restaurant, the brunette organized the utensils perfectly. Every spoon, fork and knife placed horizontally, a candlelight resting in the middle, and of course, a rose tucked neatly inside his jacket.

Earlier that day...

"Marco, dude!"

The said person woke up to the holler of his chubby, redheaded, best friend. Ferguson was sitting right in front of him with a goofy looking smile plastered on his face. Being the person who rarely saw the redhead like this, Marco rose an eyebrow and looked at Ferguson skeptically.

"Um... what?"

His question made the redhead's smile grow even wider. He let out a momentary squeal then answered.

"I got you a date tonight!"

"You what?!" the brunette screamed, sitting straight up with his eyes wide.

"Her name is Star Butterfly. Kinda cool, right?"

Marco blinked once, twice, three times then held Ferguson's shoulders.

"Why did you do that, man!"

The chubby man pushed him away.

"Look at you! Your a total mess! You barely get out of this room and you hardly ever get socialized!"

Marco frowned, he crossed his arms and looked away.

"Fair point."

"See?!" Ferguson outstretched his arms to gesture at him. The brunette sighed and swung his legs down the side of the bed. He rubbed his eyes and stood up. The boy sauntered towards the kitchen and made himself a hot cup of coffee. He sat down the counter and looked at Ferguson with a bored face.

"That doesn't mean you need to hook me up with some random girl."

Ferguson clicked his tongue. As he walked over to Marco's side, the redhead pulled out his phone and showed Marco a picture of the girl.

"Star isn't some kind of random girl."

Upon seeing her smiling face, the brunette's jaw instantly dropped.
The picture had Star, dressed in a cute red outfit that flowed just above her knees.
Marco grabbed the image with two hands, his now cold cup of coffee completely ignored.

"Ferguson, h-how did you manage to get me a date with her?"

Ferguson shrugged and smiled.

"I kinda know one of her friends."

Marco blinked and ran a hand through his hair.

"Wow... I... Thanks!" he said, with a hearty laugh.

"Wait... why didn't you just get a date with her?"

Ferguson chuckled, taking his phone and shoving it in his pocket. He opened the door and looked at Marco over his shoulder.

"She is waaay out of my league." and with that, he exited the room and closed the door, leaving a flabbergasted Marco to stare mindlessly at space.

He was gonna have a date with an astonishingly gorgeous girl tonight! Wait, where were they gonna meet?! Grabbing his red jacket and clumsily putting it on, the brunette sprinted outside to catch up on Ferguson.

"Ferg! Where are we gonna meet?!"

Back to the Present...