40: Smooch Buddies

The 40th story in this one shot series!
Who else screamed, cried, jumped, squealed, punched a wall, punched a family member or died when they saw this promo?
Well... Enjoy the story!

Marco Diaz smiled as he leaned on the lockers with his arms crossed over his chest. A few days after the incident with the wand happened, the brunette would always do this everyday after school would finish.
Why you ask? Well... the Safe Kid was waiting for a certain someone.

"Hey, Marco!" Did I mention that certain someone was Star Butterfly herself?

Marco's smile seemed to grow even wider by the sound of her voice. And his cheeks even flurried to a rosy pink just as Star smiled back at him.
Star and Marco's bond grew even tighter ever since that fateful day with Toffee.
The mere thought of the word sent shivers down their spines. But Marco, wasn't in the mood for that right now. Today, he was set on to enjoy a magnificent Friday afternoon with his girlfriend...

Wait... I didn't mention the two of them were dating earlier?

No? I could've sworn I said that... But anyway, back to Marco.

Ah, yes. The boy continued his smile as he interlocked fingers with her. Enjoying that happy feeling Star would seem to radiate whenever he was close to her.

"So Mr. Diaz... What do you suppose we should do today?" that similar cheerful tone present in her voice.

"I don't know Miss Butterfly. How about... we just go home and watch a little bit of TV on the couch?"

Star snorted, from which the brunette thought was pretty cute. She knew very well what 'a little bit of TV' meant, and she wasn't blaming Marco why he wanted to so badly.

"Woah, woah, woah... Are you so sure about that Safe Kid?"

"What? We are smooch buddies after all!" he proclaimed proudly, loving Star's reaction as he did so.

"Race ya there?" the princess asked after finishing her laugh fest.

Marco winked at her before sprinting forward to home, laughing all the way.

"No fair! That's cheating!" Star laughed as she called after him.

The princess opened the front door, her eyes met with Marco's, who was already sitting on the couch, a familiar glint in his eyes.
As expected the Diaz parents where no where to be found when Star fixated her gaze towards the kitchen. They said they were working overtime and wouldn't be back until late.

Star threw her spiky bag pack aside and placed her hands on her hips.

"Did you really have to say smooch buddies out loud?"

Marco shrugged, patting the empty space beside him. The blonde playfully rolled her eyes before plopping her butt down beside him.

"It is true."

Star smirked, grabbing his collar and pulling him into a long, tender kiss.
The brunette's hands slithered onto her waist and her arms wrapped around his neck.

Yup... Smooch Buddies.

Hey people! Updates are really going to be slow for now. While you guys out there get to celebrate the first couple days of your summer, here in the Philippines, well... we've got our plates full with school already starting.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share and I'll see you guys next time!

-SM4ever