15: Mewnian Summer

Students stampeded out of the school gates as the bell rang, notifying them that the last day of the school year is over. Off they go to start their Summer. Happy smiles plastered on their faces. Except a certain magical princess from another dimension.

Star slumped over her shoulders and sighed walking just behind her jovial best friend. She smiled weakly, as he skipped.

Marco stopped, noticing something different. Their was no squealing, no blasting fireworks into the sky, and no jibber-jabber at what plans to do this summer. He turned around, raising an eyebrow brow at the sight of his best friend. It was very rare to see Star down in the dumps. Especially now that the school year is over.

Marco thought for a minute. He smiled widely and held her hands in his.

"Wanna celebrate summer with some ice cream?!" he asked her.

"Actually I have to start packing. Marco, I'm going back to Mewni." she replied, looking away.

That's when Marco broke. It felt like his heart scattered into pieces. She was leaving? But it's only been a year! Her parents could at least let her stay for 2 years.

"W-what?" he stuttered.

"Oh, no! I'm not leaving-leaving." she corrected.

"I'm just spending my summer back home." she shrugged.

"I'll be back a week before school starts." she smiled weakly.

Marco was relieved that she was only going for the summer, but dreaded the thought of enjoying summer without her.

He took a deep breath, breathed it out and put a hand over her shoulder.

"Let's just be glad you're not leaving for good." he reassured her with a smile.

Star couldn't help but smile back.

"Yeah." she replied.

Time Skip

The Royal Mewni Carriage awaited the princess outside. Along with the King and Queen.

Marco's parents went out to greet them. The royals thanked them in return. Not only for the greetings but also for taking care of their reckless daughter.

Marco stood in the door way, waiting for his best friend to come out. Internally he was crying. This was supposed to be Star's first summer in earth, and it was supposed to be his first time enjoying summer with her.

He was snapped out of his thoughts as Star cleared her throat. He looked up to see the blonde, smiling weakly at him.

"Well... I guess I'll see you soon, Safe Kid." she elbowed his arm.

He tried to stay happy for her. Who would want to see someone sad because of someone else leaving? People who enjoy feeling the hurt of others, that's what.

"See you soon, Princess Cuckoo Pants."

She laughed. Oh that laugh, he was wanting to here that all day.

"Ah, Star." her mother cut in.

"The carriage awaits. We have so much planned for you!" she said with a cheery tone, it was surprising to see her this happy.

"Okay Mom." the blonde replied.

Star glanced back at Marco one last time before going in the carriage.

"I see you're very interested in my daughter." her mother stated, voice stern once more.

"W-what?" Marco questioned, his face turning red by the second.

"Young lad, don't be in denial. I know how you look at her. I can see it in your eyes and your mother very much agrees." she smiled mischievously.

Marco looked away in embarrassment and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Y-your Majesty, I d-don't...."

"Oh shush." she interrupted.

"I will accept that you can court my daughter. But if you break her heart, I'll make sure you'll never walk again." she stared directly at him, eyes full of fury, you can literally see the flames.

The brunette nodded vigorously in response. The queen nodded and gracefully walked inside the carriage and called for her husband. The king bid the Diaz's fare well one last time and joined his family in the carriage. Which entered a portal to Mewni shortly after.

One Week Later

The brunette rolled over his bed and fell down face first on the floor. He groaned, out of boredom. The past few days sucked without Star. He looked over at the calendar. A week has passed, and every passing hour it keeps getting suck-y-er.

Since the day of her departure, Star would always call her at 4 in the afternoon. But today she was an hour late and counting. And since Marco couldn't wait any longer, he decided to call her instead.

"Call Star." he stated in front of the mirror.

"Calling Star...." it responded.

Marco waited for her to pick up.

"Caller busy, Please try again later."

He was surprised. Star didn't pick up the phone. Which was very unusual. Was she really that busy? He tried again. After a few rings, her image appeared in the screen.

"Star!" he greeted.

"Marco!" she replied.

He looked at the girls appearance. She was wet, wearing a bikini and had a genuine smile plastered on her face. He noticed the back ground. It was a beach. Looks like Star really had fun even without him.

"Oh, I s-see your busy." he stuttered, face turning into a tomato.

"No it's okay. I was just playing with my friends." she pointed behind her.

"I really miss you." her face softened.

"I miss you too." he replied with a smile.

"So how's my Safe Kid?" she smiled.

Marco blushed and faked a cough.

"I'm fine, could be a lot better if you were here."

Star thought for a moment, then her face lit up.

"Why don't you join me and have Summer here in Mewni?!" she yelled.

Marco smiled.

"That's a great idea Star! When will you pick me up?"

Star summoned a servant to look at her schedule. The servant shouted something at her from the distance.

"Two days from now." she stated, looking back at Marco.

"Two days? Why not now?" he put a hand on the mirror.

"I have lectures tomorrow, sorry." she put her hand on the screen as if she was touching Marco's.

"No, it's okay. As long as I can see you then." he smiled.

"You're seeing me right now." she chuckled.

"I mean in person." he laughed.

~~~~~~~

And so Marco had the best summer in his entire life. And he absolutely loved how it ended.

As Star and Marco came back to earth with their hands intertwined, Mrs. Diaz knew that his son wouldn't be alone in the world.

And Cut! That's a rap! Hey guys! Hope you liked this one-shot. I really gave it a cheesy ending their. Hehe... Don't forget to vote and comment. Till next time!!!

-SM4ever