37: In Mom's Eyes

Angie Diaz sat up slowly on the bed. She looked at the person laying beside her. Her husband was snoring loudly. The woman rolled her eyes and nudged him gently.

"Rafael..." her voice was raspy from sleep.

"Rafael, wake up."

When he continued to snore, Angie sighed and rubbed the sleep off her eyes. She let out a loud yawn as she stretched. The woman headed to the shower and proceeded to do her morning routine. After half an hour, she paced downstairs to the kitchen and decided to cook pancakes for breakfast.

"Hey, Mom!"

Angie looked up to see her loving son already making bacon for the family. She smiled, taking out the silver wear and prepared the table.

"Here you go, Mom!" the boy placed a hot cup of coffee in front of his mother.

Angie stared at his son as he hummed an upbeat song while sizzling their breakfast.

"Marco honey, is everything okay?" she asked looking at him skeptically.

"Everything's wonderful Mom! Just... wonderful." the boy answered through half lidded eyes.

A smirk curled onto Angie's lips. She knew that dopey look plastered on his face anywhere; Her son was in love. With a giggle, she sat down on the table and sipped her coffee.

"So, what happened yesterday with Star?"

Marco's eyes lit up by the mention of that name. He sighed dreamily and placed the now cooked bacon on the table.

"We had loads of fun."

"What kind of fun?"

The boy didn't answer, instead he let out another lovestruck sigh and rested his cheek on his hand, his elbow leaned on the table.

"Morning Diaz family!"

The both of them looked to where they heard the cheerful voice come from.
Star smiled brightly as she took a seat beside Marco. Under the table, the duo intertwined their fingers together. While 'accidentally' dropping her fork and picking it up, the woman saw this and smiled widely.

"Looks like you two really had fun"

Hope you liked this.

-SM4ever