16: Move On

Better prepare a tissue before reading this.

It's been ten years. Ten horrible years, since her departure. All that's left is a picture. Her picture. She was smiling, you could tell she was happy. He could never see that smile again.

He missed her terribly, her long blonde locks, her dazzling sapphire blue eyes, her laugh, the pink hearts on her cheeks, her bone-crushing hugs, everything.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. He should've told her then. He should've confessed. He was such a chicken. And now this was his punishment. Without her, he would always cry. Without her, he never smiled. Without her, he was dead.

A tear fell on the picture frame. Sobs echoed throughout her once Mewnian-styled room. Now it looked like she didn't even exist. All the magic was gone. Even the laser puppies disappeared after her. Nothing was ever the same.

The door creaked open. His mother came in and looked at her son. He was on his knees, his eyes were covered by his hands. Her picture laid in front of him.

"Marco?" her voice echoed through the room.

"Time for dinner." she whispered.

This wasn't new to her. Ever since Star left. Her son went to depression. She was worried for him.

"Mom..." he murmured, wiping his eyes.

"Why does it hurt so bad?" he continued, barely a whisper.

But she heard him clearly and her gaze softened.

"Oh honey, it's because you love her." she answered.

"You know, she'll always be here." she pointed to his heart.

"I know, she'll come back." she gave him a motherly smile.

He sniffled and smiled back.

"And when she does." she held his hands in hers.

"You'll know what to do." she finished.

Marco looked down on the cold floor. 

"Thanks Mom." he smiled, wiping his tear stained cheeks.

"But, how are you so sure she'll come back?" he asked.

"I'm always positive, honey." she cheered.

He chuckled weakly.

"Oh! And we were also invited to one of her balls tomorrow!" she beamed and gave him a scented envelope.

"What?"

He opened it. There. His name was printed along with details on the events of the ball. But what caught his attention was the hand written note on the bottom. It read:

See you soon Safe Kid ♥

His eyes widened. He looked at his mother who was already by the doorway, she had a bright smile. He looked back at the paper again. His shocked face turned into a wide smile and he jumped all over the room. His mother smiled and closed the door to give him some privacy.

He picked up her picture and smiled at it.

"I'll see you soon,Star." he stated before kissing her picture and heading to sleep, dreaming about what would happen tomorrow, when he will finally be reunited with his best friend.

Eeeeeehhh! This was the best emotional idea I can get. Anyways.... THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!!! 1.04k VIEWS?! PEGASUS FEATHERS! I'm hyperventilating right now! Oh Gods! Again, thank you so much for reading my book. Don't forget to Vote and Comment!

-SM4ever