Raelynn

I thought I hadn't slept all night but apparently found myself waking up to the terrible noise of that horrid doorbell that I've always hated. I could barely open my eyes. They were swollen from all the crying I've been doing. I woke up on my mother's bed. I have no idea how I got there. I was still in a daze, not being able to gather my thoughts and focus on what's happening, until that stupid doorbell rang again and snapped me out of my daze. I let out a very annoyed and irritated noise as I tried to jump out of bed and cursed the people who built my house and installed that pissing-off doorbell. Honestly, what on earth were they thinking when they picked that bloody doorbell over all the others?!

It rang again on my way down the stairs and I yelled out "I'm coming for God's sake! I'm coming!" This person should have a very good reason for waking up half-dead people with that bloody doorbell. I was in no mood to meet anyone or leave the house. I didn't want to be around people. They would probably ask me how I feel and offer their sympathy and talk about my mother. But I didn't want their sympathy or listen to them talk about my mother and I did not want to talk. I just wanted to be alone. I had a little too much on my mind. Too much guilt. I opened the door with a very grumpy face. There was so much light outside that I couldn't recognise the person's face. I squinted my eyes and made out a lean figure. It was one of my oldest friends, Rose. She had a warm smile on her face. "Hey Rae," she said and hugged me "I'm so sorry."

"How you feeling?" She asked when she finally let go. "You look terrible." I smiled and let out a little laugh. "Did you get any sleep?"

"I think I must have cried myself to sleep but I don't remember. I don't feel like I got any actual sleep. Thanks for waking me up with that horrid doorbell."

"I'm so sorry. I forgot how much you hate that doorbell. You know you sound terrible too." She said taking away the whole apology with that last comment. "Thanks." I said sarcastically. But as much as I don't miss her comments, I missed my old friend. She was one of my best friends growing up. "So what are you doing bothering depressed people early in the morning?"

"Umm... Rae... you do know it's 12.30 in the afternoon, don't you?" Rose said almost laughing. "Yeah I'm going back to bed. Thanks for dropping by. I'll catch you later." I said stepping back into the house. "Hold on! I'm not done yet." She said making me turn around. "I know you want to be alone and stuff, but please, for your own good, come over to my place later today... for dinner... and maybe stay over? Please? At least for me?" I was obviously in no mood to cook and I knew I would get hungry at some point. And anyways I did want to spend time with her, so I said I would come over once I looked sane again.