Raelynn

It was a Sunday but I had been at work the whole day. I had been gone for quite some time and I had a lot of catching up to do at work. Victoria was awesome! Even though it had been an off-day, she spent the entire day bringing me up to date. She helped me sort out a lot of things, told me what had been done and what had to be done.

I got home extremely exhausted. I went to my room and threw myself on my bed. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I couldn't even move. My bed was so soft and comfy. I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep.

I woke up a few hours later. I checked my watch. It was 11.30pm. My stomach grumbled. I hadn't eaten anything solid all day. I dragged myself to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. My stomach grumbled again. "Shut up!" I yelled at my stomach.

I walked into the living room where I found Claire asleep in the couch with the television still turned on. I went over and poked her cheek. "Oye Claire," I said waking her up.

"Huh? Hey Rae." She said, rubbing her eyes.

"Why didn't you wake me up for dinner? I'm starving." I said annoyed.

"I did. I came to your room and tried to wake you up, but you shooed me away. There's some pizza in the fridge. You could heat that up." She suggested.

"Cool thanks."

I went to the kitchen, fished out the pizza from the fridge and stuck it in the microwave. "Want some?" I asked Claire when she came into the kitchen. "Nah," she replied, "I'm gonna grab a glass of water and head to bed."

I sat on the couch, eating my pizza and watched 'The Words'. Bradley Cooper is so hot. So is Ben Barnes. Claire came back to the living room.

"Hey," she said, "I wanted to give you this. I found it in your mum's bedside drawer. I thought you'd like to read it."

Then she looked the television and went "I love his eyes." and retreated to her room again.

'My mum's diary?' I thought as I gazed at the book in my hand. I was the diary my mum had received from her grandfather as a gift, but I didn't know she wrote anything in it. I stuffed the last slice of pizza in my mouth, turned off the television and ran into my room. I jumped on my bed and opened the diary carefully.

I felt through the pages, blindly gazing at only the handwriting. I slowly began to read through the book. I read each line carefully. Tears welled up in my eyes. I could feel my mum's touch with every word I read. It was like she was speaking to me. My face was wet. The tears kept flowing. I couldn't believe my mum had written all of this. She may have died, but I felt her soul and heart in this precious book. I read and read. I couldn't get my eyes off it.

I finally reached the last page. The last thing my mum had written. With each line I read, I cried even more. When I finished, I gently closed the book and held it tight in my arms. Then I felt something. I felt something rekindling, like it was finally breaking free. And everything in my head, the mental block, it became clear. My mum was right; a part of me did die that night with Marcus. I had lost that part of me for a very long time. I thought about it a lot and then I remembered my time with Aiden in Spain. She was there. That part of me was alive back then, every time I was with him. I felt my dark side slowly dying. Everything he said that night, everything in my mind, all my feelings, everything was clearer. I felt light and good.

I smiled to myself and dried my tears. I stood up on my bed, determined. I needed to talk to Aiden right away. I looked at the time. 3 o'clock. "Damn!" I exclaimed. It was too early in the morning to wake anyone up. I sat back down on my bed and thought. The first thing I would do in the morning was go talk to Aiden.

I hugged my mum's diary and placed it on my bed side table near a picture of my mum. "Thank you Claire." I said smiling, before I went to sleep.

'Brilliant" I thought to myself absolutely annoyed. I had woken up late... again. It was already 10.20! I rushed to the bathroom and got ready as fast as I could. I hoped Aiden was still home. Before I left the room, I looked at my mum's picture one more time.

I went to Aiden's room but no one was there."Aiden" I called out. No one answered. Just then I heard the start of theHarley. I jumped and dashed down to the garage but I was too late. He hadalready left. I quickly got into my Porsche and drove after him but my Porschewasn't as slippery as the Harley in all the traffic. He raced down the road.And just when I was closed enough, I lost him by a red signal at a crossroad."Argh!" I cried out as I watched Aiden disappear.