Raelynn

I left Barrington that afternoon and drove to a small motel twenty minutes away from Lake Amaros. I checked in, had a nice hot shower and got ready. I paused in front of the mirror. I stared at myself, then quickly looked away. I grabbed my jacket and left the room. There was hardly anyone that ever stayed at the motel. It was pretty deserted that night too.

I went outside the motel and took a deep breath and felt the gentle cool breeze. I wished that enjoying the pleasant breeze was the only thing I had on my agenda that night.

I headed to the parking space...and completely forgot everything. Right before me stood a Harley Davidson IRON 883! A Harley Davidson is the only thing I might actually consider giving up my Porsche for. And this Harley was gooood. It was completely black and looked brand new. The owner did a really good job taking care of it. It just stood there, outside the motel in the moonlight, like a hot mysterious guy...tempting me...God I just wished I could get on it and ride away! I could picture it purring, as I just cruised down the road on it... man, that Harley was absolutely gorgeous.

And before I could get on to devising my plan to steal the sexy creature, this tall guy with dark hair wearing a leather jacket hopped on it, kicked back the stand and turned on the black beauty. 'Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Just when Harley and I were getting to know each other.' I thought as I watched the second love of my life (the first being my Porsche) getting rode away into the beautiful night by whoever that guy was.

I let out a sigh and snapped myself out of it. I had work to do and I was running a little late. So I thought I'd take my car.

I parked my car by a tree near Lake Amaros and walked the rest of the way to where I asked Freddie to meet me. There he was, sitting and waiting in his car. He immediately got out when he saw me approaching.

"Hey" he called out. "Hey," I called back, "you're here early."

"Well let's just say I couldn't wait to see your gorgeous face." He grabbed me and sunk his lips into mine. As much as I hated it, I had to just go with it.

"You have far too many clothes on." He said, trying to pull off my jacket. I stopped him. "It's cold out tonight."

"Not like we'll be cold for long, babe," he cackled. "I hear there's a motel around here somewhere. So let's get into my car and drive to the motel." He said moving to the car door. "Why hurry? Let's take a walk before that." I suggested. "I want to enjoy the night for a while."

We walked to the lake. "You know, I really didn't imagine you to be like this." Freddie said.

"Like what?" I asked a little confused.

"Like this I always thought you despised me and after that night I thought you'd hate me more. And I know for a fact that Rose is your oldest childhood best friend and you wouldn't do anything to hurt her. So why are you out here with me?"

For a second, he had me. I had never expected Freddie to be so insightful. "Well Freddie, you were wrong that night when you said I haven't changed, 'cuz I have. People do change, Freddie, they do." I replied smoothly. BY the look on his face I wasn't sure if I had cleared his doubts or not, but I guess he believed me.

"Beautiful lake, huh?" he said standing in front of the big lake. "Yeah." I said, sounding a bit off. I don't know what was happening to me, I couldn't focus. Was it because of what he said?

"You okay?" he said turning to me. "Yeah, I'm fine." I replied pretending. But it was like he saw right through it. He gave me an unconvinced look.