Raelynn

Every day drove me even crazier. I couldn't sleep at night. My greatest fears felt like they were coming to life. Each day, it was like I was waiting anxiously for when the police would barge through the doors and arrest me. To top it off, the police had come to question us at the office after Harry's disappearance had been reported. It felt like the net was closing in on me.

I didn't know what happened at Lake Amaros after I left, if the police found the trap door or not. Were they trying to track me down? They'd definitely relate all the missing men to me.

I didn't know what Rose would think of me when she found out. She had called a few times, but I didn't have the courage to answer the call.

She had left me a voice message saying, "Hey Rae, I hope you're back home safely. Umm... I don't know if you know anything about it or not but... Freddie's gone missing. I haven't heard from him since the day after you left. I don't know whether to report the missing case to the police or not. Anyways just in case , out of the blue, you hear from him, let me know, 'kay? Take care, Rae." That made me feel worse.

For a second, a thought occurred to me- What if the Harley's owner hadn't reported me? I didn't know anything for sure. With every passing day, I felt more sick and miserable.