Claire

Author's note: Our chapter names are actually the names of the characters narrating the scene.

We are the kings and queens of promise,

We are the phantoms of ourselves.

Maybe the children of a lesser God,

Between Heaven and Hell,

"HEAVEN AND HELL!" I sang joyously in unison with Jared Leto, as I navigated through the traffic in Philadelphia. It had been a busy day, but a productive one. I was pretty satisfied with myself – a major project had been successfully dealt with. "Things will probably be more laid back now," I thought to myself optimistically, turning at the corner of the street. My gaze caught a brightly coloured board proclaiming "ALL THINGS STRAWBERRY! Only at Café de Lilo!" My stomach grumbled. I hadn't had the time to grab a bite all day. And strawberries – yum! I parked my car – as always, the bright pink Beetle convertible was a little too conspicuous. Oh well.

The door tinkled as I pushed through and entered the warmly lit café. It was a cheery place with cute little pouffes and tiny tables. The counter was laden with delicate platters full of cookies, tarts, chocolates and an inviting little cake – well not really little, more like medium sized – with a placard captioned "Mascaporne Cheesecake with Balsamic Strawberries." Hmm, maybe I'd try some of that.

As I made my way to the counter, I noticed a familiar looking guy. He was with a redhead, the two of them sitting on a bean bag (Note how I said on a bean bag. She was practically on his lap.) wrapped in each other's arms as they pretty much ate each other's faces off. Further scrutiny confirmed it. Oh I knew the guy alright. I'd recognize that spiky mass of blond hair and tanned muscular arms anywhere – Jerry.

I'm not quite sure how the following events unfolded. All I remember is a boiling rage filling my insides, blinding me. I don't even remember picking it up. But the next second, I strode up to them, Mascaporne Cheesecake in hand, and smashed it down on Jerry's head. The redhead squealed in horror while Jerry stared up at me stupidly.

"You disgust me!" I shrieked and stormed to the door.

On my way out I slammed a couple of hundreds on to the counter muttering, "sorry about that." The sweet old woman manning the counter gaped at me. As I unsuccessfully attempted to bang the heavy glass door shut behind me, the last thing I heard was Jerry yelling hoarsely, "BITCH!"

I yanked open my car door and stuffed my key into the ignition. I could feel hot angry tears streaming down my face. I felt horrible.

I needed Raelynn.

Author's note: Yep, that's Claire. Margot Robbie.