Claire

"You can visit him now, if you wish," a doctor said, emerging from Aiden's ward.

Rae and I had been out in the corridor all afternoon, waiting for some news on him.

"He'll be fine soon, won't he?" Rae asked the doctor anxiously.

"Of course! Give him a few more days and he'll be good to go."

Rae smiled at him gratefully.

I turned to her. "Rae, do you wanna go talk to him first?"

"Um...," she blushed a little. "Okay."

As she disappeared into the room, shutting the door behind her, I couldn't help but smile.

"Miss Watson!"

I turned around to see Swann striding up the corridor.

"Well well, someone's very happy with his day's work!" I laughed, seeing the big grin on his face.

"Yep. Edward Collin Peters locked behind bars, and he's gonna stay right there for the rest of his life!"

"And the other guys?"

"Yeah we got hold of the ones who were in the alley with him. Won't be long before we get them to crack and give us more names," he said proudly.

To his surprise, I instinctively reached out and hugged him.

"Thank you!" I cried, pulling away before he could hug me back.

"You needn't thank me," he laughed. "It's my job."

"No but really...thank you." I looked into his brown eyes and gave him a warm smile.

"My pleasure," he said simply.