Raelynn

"Oh my god, I love this place already!" Claire shouted in delight, looking out to the beach as we got out of the taxi.

The sun shone down on the white sands and the pristine blue water. I couldn't wait to hit the beach! The weather was perfect too – the sun shining bright, I could even smell the summer in the air.

Our bags were picked up by a bell boy. We followed him into our hotel – Hotel Nixe Palace.

"Pretty neat place, eh?" I smiled, looking at Michael's happy, excited face.

I don't know how she did it, but Claire managed to get Michael's passport and visa done in two weeks. She wanted to make sure he had one special childhood memory at least. I was really happy with Claire's decision. I remembered it was his first time in a foreign country. I don't think he had ever even been to a beach before. His childhood wasn't one any kid deserved.

"I can't believe I'm actually here," was all he managed to say. He was too taken in with everything that was around him.

"Well, you better believe it," I laughed. "Come on," I said, holding his hand as we made our way down the lobby.

While we waited for the elevator, Claire began sorting out the bunking issue.

"So, I think Michael and I should bunk together. You know...so I can look after him and stuff. You don't mind bunking with Aiden, do you Rae?" I gave her my death glare. Claire pretended not to notice and continued, "it'd be quite nice, don't you think? You two could get to know each other!" She smiled brightly at me, then Aiden, then back at me again. Aiden's face remained impassive while I gave her the dirtiest look I could muster.

Her smile slowly faded. "...well, if you can think of something better..."

"Hey, Michael could room with me," Aiden suggested, coming to the rescue.

I looked at him gratefully.

"Really?" Claire didn't sound too enthusiastic about it.

"Yeah, Eclaire! I'll be fine!" Michael joined in. "Aiden's cool. Who wouldn't want to share a room with him?" With the last remark, he turned to me with a wicked grin.

The elevator doors opened. Aiden picked up his bag, and walked ahead. Michael, with his little backpack, joined him. Theirs was the first room in the corridor, ours a little further down.

"That boy is a little too cheeky for his age," I commented, annoyed, as we followed the bellboy down to our room.

Claire looked at me, a mischievous glint in her eyes. I could tell she wanted to say something, but decided the better of it. Instead she just said, "Hey, he called me Eclaire!"

"I wonder where he got from," I laughed.