Claire

“Well, well. Look who’s here!” a deep male voice said.

I whirled around. “Nathan!”

“Claire!!” he yanked me into his arms and gave me a really tight squeeze.

I patted him on the back not very enthusiastically. I wasn’t supremely fond of Nathan, one of my co-workers. Too egotistic for my taste.

“Can I get you a drink?” he asked, leaning in close so I could hear him over the blaring music. He smelt of a heady, musky aftershave that was so strong, it actually smelled unpleasant.

I’d already had too much to drink but “sure,” I said, for the heck of it. It probably wasn’t a very good idea but I was way past my sensibilities already.

He escorted me to the bar, his arm around my waist.

“You look gorgeous,” he said in my ear, handing me a drink as I perched myself on a bar stool.

Not really knowing how to respond, I just smiled. He was standing uncomfortably close, his hand on my thigh as he sipped on his drink and chatted. With every drink he bought me, I grew accustomed to it though. Even his musky aftershave began to seem strangely intoxicating.

Tonight, I want all of you tonight,

Give me everything tonight,

For all we know,

We might not get tomorrow.

Let’s do it tonight!

“Mmm, I love this song! Let’s dance!” I jumped off the stool, regretting it immediately. The room spun around me and I would’ve definitely fallen over if Nathan hadn’t wrapped his arms around me.

“Yeah, let’s dance.”

He grasped my body hard against his and led me to the dance floor.