Claire

When we got back, Michael was absolutely exhausted. He couldn't even make it till dinner, he went straight to bed. We left him, sleeping like a log, and we went down to the beach in search of a place to chill.

"How about there?" Liam pointed at a small pub. The entrance was lit up by a sign that read "The Shack". We walked over to it, and went in.

It was crowded – full of chatter and laughter. We squeezed our way through tables overflowing with people and managed to find ourselves an empty spot.

"I'll go get us something to drink," Aiden said, as he and Liam drew up chairs for us.

"I'll come with you," Liam told Aiden. "What do you guys want?" he asked, turning to me and Rae.

"Martini?" I asked Rae. She nodded. "Two martinis," I said, turning back to Liam.

When the guys went to get our drinks, up on stage, a tall swarthy man picked up the microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" he began, in a thickly accented voice. "Tonight is karaoke night at The Shack!" his exclamation was greeted with loud cheers. "Anybody who wants to sing – the mike is all yours." He bowed with a flourish and stepped off the stage.

And so began an incredibly fun night. We were all in high spirits – laughing and talking about the most random things. I looked over at Aiden and Rae sitting across us. They were laughing about something among themselves. I smiled to myself. I'd always known they'd be perfect for each other.

Liam nudged me. "What are you smiling about?"

"How I'm the best matchmaker in the world," I said happily.

Just then Aiden looked up at me. "Hey, Claire! I dare you to go up there and sing something!" he yelled over the din, as the people clapped for two girls who had just sung Beyoncé's Beautiful Liar.

"Next up is Jessica!"

I looked up at the stage as a very drunk, scantily clad girl came up. She sang My Humps, and danced around in a really suggestive way.

"...yeah...that's not happening." I looked away from the girl. She was now doing something really weird with her boobs.

Her performance was received with thunderous applause from the back of the pub. It was occupied by a bunch of guys who hooted, stamped and wolf-whistled.

Liam pushed his chair back and stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked, looking up at him, puzzled.

Without replying, he walked away and disappeared into the crowd. I looked at Aiden and Rae. They were just as bewildered as I was.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, we have with uuuus.....Liam!"

My jaw dropped.

Liam walked u on stage and grabbed the mike. "Hey," he started off, a little awkwardly. "Um...this is for someone I met a couple of days ago. Every moment I've spent with her this far, has been just...well, magical. I know it's a little hard to believe, but I think I've found the One." He looked right into my eyes and smiled.

A couple of people hooted. I stared at him, my cheeks red.

"I didn't know he could sing." Aiden sounded nearly as shocked as I was.

Liam cleared his throat, and the music began.

Oh thinking about all our younger years,
It was only you and me,
We were young and wild and free.
Now nothing can take you away from me...

"He can't," I heard Rae mutter. Aiden laughed.

I ignored them. Well so what if he sounded nothing like Bryan Adams. It was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me.

...you keep me coming back for more.
Baby, you're all that I want,
While you're lying hear in my arms,
I'm finding it hard to believe we're in heaven.
And love is all that I need,
And I found it there in your heart.
It isn't too hard to see we're in heaven.

Oh, once in your life you find someone,
Who can turn your world around,
Bring you up when you're feeling down
Yeah, nothing can change what you mean to me.
There's a lot that I could say,
But just hold me now,
And our love will light the way...

There were tears in my eyes. I wanted to run up to the stage and kiss him, but I supressed the urge, waiting for him to finish.

Once he was done, everyone went wild with cheers. "Go, Liam!" Rae yelled.

He walked back to our table, embarrassed. I threw my arms around him and kissed him, the tears running down my face. Liam laughed, pulling away to wipe my tears.

"I love you," he said softly.

Ilooked into his warm grey eyes and smiled. "I love you too."