Liam

I wasn't quite sure why I'd asked all of them to come along to Cuevas del Drach with me. I guess, after spending nearly a month exploring all by myself I could do with some company. Not that I found the solitude a bother – I enjoyed it. But...I don't know. I'm pretty sure that attractive blonde girl Claire had something to do with my asking them to join me. And they all seemed like really cool people. I'd almost felt at home the previous night as I hung out with them.

I met them down in the lobby at noon. We grabbed a quick lunch, and then took a tourist bus down to the caves, which were on the west coast of Majorca, a little away from the picturesque Puerto Cristo. Once we were inside – I was blown away. I heard Michael go "woaaah!" behind me, while Claire, who was beside me, gasped. The caves were gorgeous – 2 kilometres long, they were lit up and what we saw was absolutely breathtaking - millions upon millions of stalagmites and stalactites adorned the walls. They were spread across the three chambers of the caves – Cueva Negra, Cueva Blanca and Cueva Luis Salvator.

Like we hadn't seen enough already, the last cave brought us another surprise - an enormous underground lake, the Lago Martel. We were just in time to witness its speciality – the lights were turned off and the lilting melodies of classical Spanish music filled the cave. Musicians were performing on boats which were rowed across the lake. Every single one of us stood there, transfixed. It was magical. I turned to see Claire enraptured by the performance, lost in the beauty of the moment. Her rapt expression made me smile. I was glad she was enjoying this.

When the show was done, we took a short boat trip boat trip down the lake. Once we had exhausted pretty much everything there was to do, including checking out the little gift shop by the entrance, we got on a bus which took us back to the hotel.

"That was really beautiful!" Claire exclaimed, as we rode back. Michael nodded vigorously in agreement.

"Yeah, that was some serious cool stuff, man!" Aiden joined in.

"Everyone talks about it here – it's one of the major things to check out here at Majorca," I replied.

"Well it sure wasn't a let-down!" Raelynnsmiled.