Claire

Pink Floyd’s Money had been stuck in my head all day and I found myself humming it as I shampooed my hair. I had just gotten home from a long day at work and I thought a warm shower would help clear out my head. As I rinsed the shampoo off, I heard a loud bang. I turned off the shower and stepped out, wondering what the hell that had been.

“That’s it Claire! That’s it!” Rae screeched, answering my question. “I can’t take it anymore! I’ve had it with that guy!” She yelled like she was about to explode.

I wrapped my fluffy pink towel around myself and got out of the bathroom hurriedly. Raelynn looked absolutely livid. “Who? What happened? Was it Harry again?”

“Who else? That asshole! That goddamned asshole!!”

“What did he do?” I asked, freaked.

“He tried to make a move on me, Claire! He pushed me up against a table and I…I don’t even know how I managed to get out of there!! I feel so sick, Claire! SICK!”

What an ass!! I stood there horrified. Rae threw her stuff down on my bed, a whole bunch of papers flying everywhere. “Oh my god, Rae!” I exclaimed, “Did you press charges? God what a jackass!”

“Oh, I’m dealing with him, don’t worry” she said, her eyes glinting. “MEN!” She yelled, throwing her hands in the air, “Bloody assholes! All of them! They all think with their dicks! LITERALLY!  They use women as their sex toys, for their own pleasure! THEY DON’T RESPECT WOMEN! They think they can get any girl they want! Steal their hearts, play around with them, mess with their heads and finally when they’re bored of them, they just crush all the false love and trust they built up in the women’s hearts! IDIOTS! ASSHOLES! GOOD FOR NOTHING PERVERTED ASSHOLES!”

Rae gets really scary when she’s angry. She was red in the face and trembling. “Hey Rae…” I move to her. “Calm down,” I said, not really knowing how to placate her. She took a deep breath and composed herself. I hugged her, patting her hair. She stood quietly, breathing deeply and hugged me back only when she was calm enough.