Claire

I was really nervous, I didn't quite know why. As we walked down the lobby, I checked my reflection in a nearby window. The short wine-coloured cocktail dress I had on was one of my favourites. I just hoped I looked nice.

We found Liam waiting by the reception of the hotel. My heart stopped for a second – he looked amazingly handsome. He was dressed pretty casually – jeans and a dark blue shirt unbuttoned at the collar, the sleeves rolled up.

"Let me escort you, ma'am," he said teasingly, holding his arm out to me. I laughed – a nervous, breathless laugh. What the hell was happening to me?

"Of course," I joked back and slipped my arm through his.

We walked down to the restaurant – it was barely five minutes away. Michael walked beside me for a while but soon fell back to join Aiden and Rae. Liam and I made small talk as we wove our way through the crowded street. At Caleta del Pescadores, we were lucky to find ourselves a table. The place was a tourist hotspot – vibrant and full of people of all races. It was well known for its shrimp and I'd been dying to trying it out ever since the rustic fisherman style décor had caught my eye.

"So Liam," Aiden began once we'd given in our order, "what do you do?"

"Staff Sergeant Liam Wolfe, sir," he said, with a mock salute.

That would explain the dog tags I'd noticed against his chest that morning. It would also explain that wonderfully toned, muscular body, a sneaky voice whispered in my head. I felt my face go red.

"So what brings you to Majorca?" Rae joined in.

"Oh, I got some time off so I decided to take off for a month or two and just travel, you know? I've been checking out islands along the Mediterranean coast... what about you guys? What's the story?" he asked, looking from Aiden to Rae, then Michael and his eyes finally resting on me. I realized I hadn't been saying a thing. It was time I opened my mouth.

"Oh we're just out holidaying."

"Oh...hey, You mind if I ask you something? Are y'all family or something? I mean you're a pretty odd bunch," he explained, with a small chuckle.

The others laughed, while I said, "you could say so." As I went to explain to him how we were associated, our meal arrived.

The food, although a tad bit too spicy, was absolutely yum. The entire meal, basically, was really nice. I could see they all liked Liam – Rae was actually talking to him, I could tell Aiden found him pretty cool. Michael was being a little strange though – he seemed a little distant from Liam, but I guess he was just shy. And as for me...well, by the end of the evening I knew there was a small part of me that was completely taken in by the warmth in his grey eyes and the air of calm, relaxed self-assurance he exuded. He was a really nice guy.

The night ended with Liam convincing us to join him at Cuevas del Drach the next day.

"So, tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon?" Rae asked him as we got into the elevator.

"Yeah," Liam smiled.

The elevator pinged as we got to the second floor. "Right, thanks for the evening guys!" he said, getting out of the elevator.

"Anytime, mate." Aiden replied.

As the elevator door shut, Liam's eyes met mine.He smiled at me – something about it made my heart skip a beat. I smiled back.