Aiden

"Boy, that was fun!" Michael yelled, scampering up next to me on the deck. "I still can't get over it!"

"Bungee jumping?" I asked, smiling down at his animated face.

He nodded enthusiastically.

We'd gone bungee jumping that afternoon. Man, that had been exhilarating! The feel of just falling, falling into nothingness, the adrenaline rush – absolutely brilliant. I was pretty impressed to see Claire try it out, she had never really been fond of heights. She hadn't been too keen on letting Michael go for it but seeing how enthusiastic he was and considering she had pretty much enjoyed it herself, she relented. Boy, the kid had some guts. Raelynn I hadn't been surprised about. She seemed like the kind of girl who was up for anything.

After lunch, we decided to do something relaxing. "Sailing," I'd suggested. And so there we were, out on the deck of a small white sailboat we'd rented.

I looked out at the calm blue sea. The wind which blew against me, making my shirt flap, was soothing. Michael stood beside me, holding on to the railing.

I closed my eyes for a second and Raelynn's face flashed through my mind. I was worried about her. I could tell there had been a lot going on in her mind lately. For some inexplicable reason, I had a burning desire to reach out and help her. I turned around and looked across the deck to where she was standing with Claire. They were both laughing their asses off about god-knows-what. At least she was happy now.

"Hey, Aiden!" Michael broke in, interrupting my thoughts. "Do you think we could learn to sail?"

I laughed. "Let's check it out!" I led him toTheo, the young chap who was manning our boat.