Claire

"See you at dinner," Liam said, brushing his nose against my cheek. I gave him a tiny kiss on his jaw before he got out of the elevator.

I had had an amazing day. Liam's surprise turned out to be a boat ride to a small lagoon where we ended up spending the entire day. It was a pretty, secluded place – the sands white with numerous clusters of palm trees. The water was crystal clear – you could see every tiny colourful fish as it flit about in the water. We went swimming until it got too sunny. After that, we settled down on a rock by a cove, under some palms. Liam wrapped his arms around me from behind, and we just talked. It felt so good to have those strong arms around me as I leant back and rested against his firm chest. I turned my face to kiss away the little drops of water that were on the side of his neck, and I felt his arms tighten around my tummy. I looked up at him, into those deep, grey eyes...and he kissed me. Soft, slow and gentle.

I had loved every moment of my day – the sun, the sand, the waters and Liam. We got back from the lagoon and had a late lunch at a small diner by the beach. We were ravenous, and the food was really good – it had a nice homemade touch to it. After lunch, Liam took me to Placa Major, where we stopped by at shops selling handicrafts and all kinds of curios. We came across an antique book shop filled with ancient-looking editions of books we'd never heard of. That was where we discovered we both loved reading and our lists of favourite authors were pretty much alike.

As we walked back to the hotel hand-in-hand, I realized I adored Liam. He was thoughtful, funny and caring. He had a way of making me feel...safe, protected and just so perfectly content. He had a quiet, sensitive, romantic side to him which wasn't very noticeable under his careless, friendly manner. I could feel myself falling in love with Liam.

I opened the door to our room. Rae was sprawled on the bed, watching TV.

"Hey, you!" she greeted me. "How'd it go?"

I kicked off my shoes and looked at her. "Really good," I said, smiling. I randomly found myself feeling a little shy.

"Detaaails?" she asked with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, later!" I turned away. "Let's get ready fordinner!" and with that, I headed for the shower.