Happy Day

The ride to Stockton was quiet. The van consisted of a runaway, 2 outlaws, 1 of them being my father. I was scared to bring it up. I understood if Happy wanted nothing to do with me. After all, he doesn't even know me. It made sense if we just dropped this whole thing. Or that's at least what I told myself.

I was dropped off at a motel and Juice told me not to open the door for anybody. I woke up the next morning with a headache. There was so much I had to take in unexpectedly in such a short time.

I just wanted my daughter. Seeing her face always made me feel better. The resemblance to her dad was mind-blowing. I needed to see if she was okay. I dialed the disposable cell phone that Juice told me to use in case of emergencies. I called Donna to see if Rei was okay. There wasn't an answer. I had called about 5 times and I began to worry. Something was wrong. I tried calling Opie's house and all I got was a voicemail.

The doorknob jiggled a few times. Juice walked in telling me it was time to go. "Somethings wrong." I told him.

"What are you talking about?"

"I called Donna and Opie to check if Rei was doing OK and they aren't answering their phones."

"Don't worry about it. Donna's probably just busy with the kids and Opie is dealing with Club business."

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. "You're right. Thanks." he smiled about to walk back outside. "Can I ask you something?"

Juice walked back in the room, closing the door behind him. "Yeah sure."

"What's Happy like?"

Juice took a moment to think of the right words to say. "He's uhhh, a very interesting person. Kind of quiet. Kind of nuts." I sat down on the bed, clasping my hands together. "If you want to get to know him better just talk to him. He may look scary but he's a nice guy."

"What's up with those smiley face tattoos he has? They mean something?"

Juice rocked nervously on his heels. "That's for him to tell you. Not me."

I grabbed my bag and followed Juice out the door. Happy was leaning against the van, smoking a cigarette. He threw it to the sandy ground and crushed it with his boot. "Ready?" he asked.

I nodded, getting into the backseat.
_______________________
-TM-

We pulled up into the garage. I got out when I saw Opie about to take off on his motorcycle. "Opie!" I called out loudly. Before I could ask him anything, he was speeding down the road.

Jax walked up to me with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He went into his pocket handing the pack to me if I wanted one. I shooed it away and he shrugged, sliding it back into his jeans. "Don't take it personal, darlin'. He's having a rough time." he sighed deeply. His blonde hair falling forward into his blue eyes as he looked down at his white shoes. "We all are." he sniffled.

"Why? What happened?"

Jax looked up from the ground then locked his eyes onto me. "The night you left, Donna was killed." I held my hand over my agape mouth in shock. "Opie was taking the kids to Piney's place because it was getting late and he took her car. Donna was in his truck and at a red light she was gunned down. We think the gunman made a mistake and the hit was for Ope."

"Jesus Christ... I'm so sorry. I really am. Any idea who did it?"

"Maybe someone from Laroy's crew- I'm guessing. Or a Mayan." It felt like I was paralyzed. No words were able to come out and my body went numb. "Opie is going insane and he's looking for closure."

I gulped, knowing exactly what he meant by closure. "I hope you guys find who did it." I need to talk to Xavier to see if he knows anything.

"Thank you. How was the trip back to HB?"

"I don't even know where to begin. Long story short, my dad Andrew wasn't really my dad. My mom had an affair when she found out Andrew cheated on her and she got knocked up by the guy she had a one night stand with. And that person is-"

"Jax." Happy walked up to us. "The shipment is in place."

"Thanks Happy. And what were you saying, sweetheart?"

I looked at Happy then back at Jax. "Nothing. Never mind." I stuttered.

As soon as I was about to walk away, I felt a loose grip on my wrist. "We can talk about it if you want. So things aren't awkward." Happy told me in a low monotone voice.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk about it."

Jax tilted his head, "I miss something?" I rubbed my arm and Happy scratched his head. "Wait... Bayley, is he...?"

"Yup." we both answered.

"You banged Half-Sack's mom!"

"What about my mom?" Kip asked, coming up to us.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Happy banged your mom when you were a kid and got her pregnant." Juice said.

"Wait what?!" he nearly passed out. "That means..."

"Call me daddy."
________________________
-Tracy HS-

The following Monday I had to find Xavier to see if he knew anything about Donna's murder. If the guys expected the hit to be from the 9ers then Xavier's brother would be in deep shit. The only thing worse than an angry biker is an angry biker who shoots first and asks questions later.

"Hey, Bayley." he greeted me. "I've been calling you but I think your cell is out of service."

"Jax destroyed my phone. He said that if anything ever happened and the club needed to get a hold of me, nobody would be able to trace a disposable phone." I pulled out the black flip phone. Xavier scrunched his face.

"Look at that dinosaur. Anyways, I was calling to tell you that I heard about Donna. The 9ers have nothing to do with it. More than likely it was the Mayans."

"SAMCRO thinks they did it. If they could prove they didn't kill Donna or something then they're in the clear. Just give Laroy a heads up to watch his back."

"Thanks Bayley. You're a good friend."

I smiled, "Thanks."

"If there's anything you need me to do just saw the word."

I bit my thumb nail, "Well there is one thing...."

"I'm all ears."