Interrogation

AJ sat there across the table from an ATF agent by the name of Detective Shane McMahon. "I already told the other detective that I don't know anything."

He leaned forward in his chair, "You do realize that if you don't cooperate that," he flipped through the folder on the table "Mr. Juan Carlos Ortiz will be serving a 15 to 25 year sentence." AJ bit down on the inside of her cheek. "Did the drugs come from SAMCRO? And if so, who are they distributing to?"

"I already told you that it wasn't from the MC." she glared,

"I don't know where they came from

"I don't know where they came from." He chuckled in amusement. "What's so funny?"

Shane shook his head as an answer. "Tell me about the missing coke."

AJ tried to stop her eyes from widening. How did he know about that? "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Juan Carlos Ortiz, aka Juice, made a deal with ATF to get a sample of coke from SAMCRO so we can pin them on working with the Cuban Cartel, because we had leverage on him." he unlocked his fingers together and set his hands loosley on the table. "You meaning to tell me that you didn't know about that?"

AJ knew exactly what the leverage was. SAMCRO is a white dominated gang, it's been like that since the beginning. It was a rule that you couldn't be black or Mexican and be a member of the MC. An officer did some digging around and found out that Juice wasn't only Puerto Rican. He was also part black. And because of the ancient rule, he would have to be kicked out of the Club. (keeping this part canon)

A few days before the cartel would pick up their coke, Juice had told Chibs his secret. The Scot didn't understand what the big deal was, then Juice had to remind him about the rule. It seemed so irrelevant now that he believed that the Prez, Clay, even forgot about it. None of them were racist, it was just a coincidence that they were all of white origin. Chibs agreed to keep Juice's secret from the Club, in case they did decide to exhile him. When that happened, Juice knew that he made a mistake but it was already too late for him to return the drugs. Therefore, he couldn't help in the missing coke problem because they would know that he stole it. Which would have led to an automatic determination for he and AJ, regardless of the Mayhem vote.

"I know about the leverage." AJ admitted, glancing down.

"So you admit knowing about the cartel and coke, as well?" he asked. AJ stayed quiet. "What's interesting about you Ol'Ladies is that you would take a bullet for your man despite all of the shit that they've put you through." Shane stood up out of his chair and walked behind AJ who remained facing forward. "Even after the Club turned their backs on both of you, you're still covering for them. Why?"

"I'm not a rat."

Shane knelled down beside her. His mouth a few inches away from her ear. "I'm going to tell agent Stahl that you didn't know anything about the drugs or coke." he whispered. "That you are completely innocent in this situation."

AJ looked up at him, "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I'm on someone's pay-roll." he smirked. "Now beat it."

"You know who set us up, don't you?" She asked in a whisper. "Don't you?!" AJ raised her voice louder. "Tell me who did this!"

Shane opened the door, "You have a great day." He wished, shoving her out the room. When AJ walked down the hall, she ran into Unser and Bayley. During the wait, after they found out that AJ and Juice were already about to be interrogated, Unser went behind the building to smoke his 'medical marijuana'. After he was out of sight, Bayley pulled out her disposable phone that she snuck out of Jax's house, to make a phone call to Dean to tell him to tell their crooked ATF agent to let AJ off the hook.

"What happened in there?" Unser asked.

"One of the ATF agents." AJ answered, keeping her voice low. "He's working for somebody. He cut me loose."

"And Juice?" Bayley asked.

"I don't know."
****
-other interrogation room-

"You already got cut off from your club, what more do you have to lose? They don't care about you, Juice. Why do you keep lying for them?" Agent Stahl tried using her mind games to get Juice to talk. "I mean, they'd much rather have you put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger."

"You can put me away for many things, but those drugs you found aren't one of them. I don't know where they came from but they have nothing to do with SAMCRO."

Stahl leaned back and crossed her legs. She stared across the table at the troubled ex-MC member. "Let me ask you a different type of question." Juice sat there silently. "Why do you always try to please everybody? Have you noticed that whenever you do, you dig a deeper whole for yourself? And look at where you're at now. You can't get out."

"How about I ask you a question. Is the sexual loving you get only from your family members or your dog too?"

She smirked, "We found out about the club voting to kill you. Why is that?"

Juice breathed heavily. He's betrayed so many people. Killed ones that didn't deserve it. Stahl was right. He always tries to please people. He killed Half-Sack to obey Clay's orders. He framed 2 Mayan's for the murder to save himself but for Bayley to be able to have some closure. He killed Becky because Jax told him to. He stole the coke for ATF to keep his own secret. He did all of this for what? To still be exiled? Shunned by the ones he called his brothers.

The Club was all he had. SAMCRO was his home. Nothing could replace it. Not even AJ or the baby that was on the way. Juice knew deep down that he'd somehow find a way to ruin his family too. He didn't want to put them through that. "Why don't you just arrest me? There's literally nothing here for you to take down the MC. The least you can do is get one dirt bag off the street."

Stahl narrowed her eyes, "If you don't give me any information on the MC I will extend AJ's sentence."

"She has nothing to do with this."

"You two share the home that the drugs were found in. She has as much to do with this as you do."

"Look at her criminal record. All that's there is stupid stuff like shop lifting and fighting. And that's all from when she was a teenager. If you look at mine I have 10 times more than that."

"Why do you want to be locked up so badly?"

Juice looked down. "I have nothing else left."

"Your pregnant girlfriend means nothing to you?"

"I don't want to ruin her life anymore than I already have." Juice let his tears fall freely. He regretted everything he put AJ through. He asked so much from her and now she might go to prison because of his mistakes. "I'll tell you everything that I've done. Only if you promise that none of this will fall back on AJ or the Club. And, you have to find a way to keep me from serving a life sentence. I know you can pull some strings to make that happen. All I want is to see my kid before I die or get killed."

Stahl grinned as her eyes darkened, "You have my word."